Carlisle Summer Pre-Release

Help! I love Mike’s wines but I am totally overwhelmed by this offer. 4 Zinfandels, 1 Mourvedre, 1 Petite Sirah, 1 White, 1 Red, 4 Syrahs? Can anybody provide any color on these wines? Thanks.

Just sent in my order for the latest Carlisle release!

Any others?

Tanzer rated many of the wines that I looked at in the low 90’s. Not that this will matter. [wink.gif]

In for 8 with a wish list for two more.

Is the Sonoma County Syrah is good of a value as the Sonoma Valley Zin, or am I better spreading around my ordering to different bottlings?

Trying to limit myself to an order of 6.

Anyone in the Bay Area want my Carlisle allocation? Feeling a little overwhelmed this year with Lillian, Saxum, Rivers Marie, Carlisle, etc… Coming out at the same time.

The good news is that all the names you mentioned in your (first ever - Welcome!) post are great values for their quality.

I bought all that they offered (22). The average cost per bottle is $32; though the shipping is a bit steep ($62). I am dropping or lowering many mail order due to cost. Carlisle is not one of them.
This is my fourth order from them- quite excited about building a deep cellar. Being able to drink really good wines with ‘non-wine geeks’ is exciting- very grateful to Carlisle for keeping their prices reasonable. The sonoma county zins and syrahs are wondeful, inexpensive presents for friends also.

$62 for 22 bottles is pretty good IMO. $2.82 per bottle.

getting 4 btls, $20.10 ups ground. I kinda wish all wineries did GSO, 4 btls would be around $12-15 and I’d get it overnight in CA.

Oh well.

I live in Northern California. It probably is a good rate, but $62 is a lot. And also, I am not use to buying 22 bottles at a time. I cannot complain about prices from Carlisle!!!

Good point on Cali, I was mostly thinking West to East. Not sure about in-state rates.

This was the release for which I was waiting to thaw my buying freeze. Now to drink some Carlisle to make room for all the wine I just bought…

yes. One is white the others red. Oh, and don’t hesitate to take them all.

Back up the truck and buy them all. You won’t be sorry. All the Carlisles are great buys. I’ve been buying them since the first vintage in 1998.

+1

PM sent

Almost exactly three years since I signed up for the Carlisle waiting list, and still no offer.

Did anyone get their first offer this time, and if so, how long ago did you sign up for the waiting list? Just curious whether I’m getting close or not.

I got my first offer (actually I was offered some leftovers last time but couldn’t purchase) after getting an official notification I made the list a few weeks back. I think I’ve been on since 08 or 09 so you should be soon.

First offer, took a case mixed. Don’t know when I signed up.