Can Someone Find Me Some Lemons and Acid for the Summer??

I’m sick of buying an inexpensive whites b/c the shelf talker in the store mentions ‘acid’ and ‘refreshing’ but they end-up being nothing of the sort! [swearing.gif]

I’d love to find a <$12 white (I’m open to all sources and varieties) that is refreshing with vibrant acidity and lemon/citrus notes - maybe a touch of minerality?? [beg.gif]

What cheap and refreshing white have you been sipping in the backyard this year??

Thanks Tom! I think the best way to describe what I’m looking for is white Burgundy/Chablis - but cheap!

In that price range Albarino and Verdejo might be my favorite choices, the amount of lemon in them may not be quite what you’re looking for though.

I really like Pine Ridge’s Chenin Blanc/Viogner blend. Usually around $12, widely available, very refreshing summer drink.

Muscadet
Muscadet
Muscadet

Also Muscadet

I think Keith is suggesting your try Muscadet.

The other side of the coin [wink.gif] :
Citric Acid in Wine | Calwineries" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The '08 Domaine de Pouy is so acidic my wife doesn’t like it. I disagree. I think it might be just what you’re after.

Naia verdejo

hm, did someone say Muscadet?

I concur.

And I would also like to add…Muscadet.

Mike… as it has not yet been mentioned, try a Muscadet.

And then maybe a Torrontes from Susana Balbo/Crios.

i hear muscadet is a good choice. also check out savennières

If not Muscadet, what about Txakolina?

People seem to be missing the target. The answer is Muscadet as Keith correctly mentions seemingly unnoticed. 07’s are on the shelves and have been terrific mineral laden wines on the cheap.

Also try some Muscadet.

Muscadet.

Hmmm… Did someone say something about Muscadet? [gen_fro.gif]

Retailers in the greater Modesto area seem to be unaware of this… headbang

I’ll need to pick some up next time I’m near civilization. Are there any producers I should look for??