Can Someone Find Me Some Lemons and Acid for the Summer??

Well, not sure if anyone has yet suggested Muscadet. Producers like Domaine de la Pépière (easily the best producer), Luneau-Papin, Domaine Le Fay d’Homme, Domaine de la Louvetrie, etc. make for good to exceedingly great Muscadet. Surely there are stores in San Francisco or elsewhere in CA that could ship to you.

Someone should tell this guy about Muscadet. It seems to be the right thing, if maybe leaning a little toward the limey side of the citrus spectrum.

Also, the Benaza Godello from Vinos y Gourmet. Now there’s some lemon.

Aragosta Vermentino. It actually has a lobster on the label (aragosta). Crisp, zesty, good acid. Great summer juice.

Bump.
Muscadet.

Pretty much anything French; astringent bastards.

Mike,
Luneau-Papin Muscadets are usually available from K&L.
You might want to get on Dee Vine wines mailing list too. While they specialize in German Weins, they sometimes have screaming deals on other stuff. I picked up cases of 1er Cru Chassagne-Montrachet earlier this year at $9.90/btl, even though it tastes like White Burgundy, not Muscadet. He he he.

I will echo the K&L suggestion. Shipping with GSO (which I believe is their default shipper in Cali) is super cheap.

Another alternative that hasn’t been mentioned yet is melon de bourgogne. It’s pretty zippy, too.

Kriss,
Can you recommend and Melon de Bourgogne that might be easy to find?

I’m a fan of the de Pouy myself as a summertime wine. A couple bottles of the 08 have been quite nice - I didn’t get any excessive acidity as someone mentioned earlier and I think it does offer good citrus flavors.

I’ve recently tasted a few different Baumard Savennieres and while they are very dry, lemon wasn’t what I got from them - more a variety of white fruits like pears more than lemons.

Yep.
This is it.
Peppiere or Luneau-Papin

I’m currently 73.765% of the way through a 2008 Pine Ridge viognier/chenin bottle and can attest to “lemons and acid”.

By the time you posted this, it was 73.767% consumed due to evaporation

It was mentioned earlier, but bears repeating.

Muscadet.

If you were trying to be funny, I guess everyone missed it. That is the grape in Muscadet.

At least someone’s paying attention today [welldone.gif]