Nominees for most annoying TN in Cellartracker

2008 Tenuta Sette Ponti Oreno Toscana IGT (Italy, Tuscany, Toscana IGT) [Click to view 11 label images]

Tasted by clairenclarence on 4/11/2012 & rated 92 points: seriously i dont understand y tis bttl cn score 96 pts.its definitely a veri young bttl as i cn detect the heat of the alcohol.rather chewy with nice tannins.nt a balance wine.tis bttl realli need at least 8yrs.overall stil a decent bttl at the present moment. (311 views) Report issue, Add favorite

I don’t know if this is the most annoying, but I found a haiku that I like:

2010 Bodegas Muga Rioja Blanco

good color and aroma
taste a bit backward
Might need a bit more age

Hands down, 110%, no doubt about it:

The BLANK TN

with only a numeric score. How useless and annoying is that? I always click “not useful” on those in the vain hope that people will get a clue!

I prefer the blank TN with a score to the notes that read “Drank with Kathy.”

I actually prefer those to the ones that require reading to get the exact same level of content. The ones that contain paragraphs and paragraphs of prose from which I could not even guess what color the wine is.

But then I remember that many different kinds of people use CT for many different reasons, and life’s too short to care.

Me too!

Good points!

Would it help if they added "Both were delicious’?

[welldone.gif]

It is useless… but it doesn’t bother me. it’s a person’s choice… Also, Eric can probably chime in with how… but I believe you can filter these out (score, no notes).

If you do though, you’ll sometimes get like 3 notes you can read, 89 pts each… but ‘average’ is 91… b/c there were people who had higher scores but didn’t write anything.

Cute, but not a haiku. Haikus are 5-7-5, not 7-5-7.

Why does this come up? Do you understand that, if you are seeing these, you went out of your way to change your setting so you would see them. They are hidden by default. I recommend you change yours back to that state.

BTW, I just changed your setting for you…

They are filtered by default. In fact based on a similar thread here a year ago I made it much harder to change that state, and yet people still change it and then complain.

PATIENT: Doctor, it hurts when I poke myself with a sharp object.
DOCTOR: Then please don’t do that…

[swoon.gif]

That explains the wines I check on that have average score but not one note. Duh Brian.

Dry, short, lacking complexity, and generally uninteresting.

I hate Kathy.

Even in Beta? I don’t recall changing this feature. How do I re-hide them?

Under display option click on “Only show notes with text”

Unfortunately it is defaulting to the prior for some reason. Eric?

Ya, I know, I like to see all the TNs so I can understand the distribution driving the mean/median/high/low and plus I can quickly set the “not useful” on all the no text notes, I’m a tweak that way.

BTW Is it possible in CT to build a query to find all the wines in my cellar that are the only bottles in CT (i.e. where the total count=my count)?

Just saw this helpful tasting note yesterday:

“I really did not get a taste of this that I can recall…shame on me”

Click that little SET… hyperlink next to display options.

In the beta there is a similar choice as well.