Nominees for most annoying TN in Cellartracker

Sweet, just fixed it! I was griping this AM as I was looking at some Pax syrahs from the Buckley sale. In every case, there were about 15 scores, and 12 were from the same user rating 96 to 98 with no notes. Dey be gone now!

Mine is default on the other option as well. Doesn’t really bother me but I’m pretty sure “only show notes with text” was not the default option for me.

[thumbs-up.gif] Thanks Eric!

It was the default. We played this drama out before, and I made a very explicit code change and reset EVERYONE to the default. You toggled it at some point. I can say that with 100% certainty. Here we go, 4/5/2011:

“This wine was terrible” - 87pts

“Drank for the Halloween party and in the cemetery. Very nice and reliable.”

Useful wine for all those times you happen to be hanging out in the cemetery.

Ok, found it. It’s in a different place in Beta. I went “My Tasting Notes” - “Narrow Results”, “More”, and then it is at the bottom of the page.

Well, ok no that didn’t do it. Eric, can you point me in the right direction? I also went in “My Profile” and “Display Settings” and it isn’t there.

I went to your other link…

and read this…

Finally in the new BETA site I changed the link that shows up on the wine page just above the tasting notes to “Note Display Options” instead of “Page Display Options”.

…and I went to Wines and I don’t see anything that says “Note Display Options”.

Thanks in advance.

Found it!!

From Home go to “My Tasting Notes”…then there is a link that says “Customize View” on the right near the top.

I’ll buck the trend here and say that I don’t have any problem with scores that don’t have tasting notes, particularly since those people who do have a problem with them can, with a single mouse click, delete all of them from their view.

It’s not much information, but it’s still something. I get more information from 95 or 75 than I do from “Blackberry fruit, lead pencil, long finish” or something like that.

Plus, people are not always posting TNs for the sake of communicating something to the CT community – they may just want to remember quickly what their thought was when they tried something. If you tried 12 Bordeaux at a wine store tasting, and a year later you see one of them on the shelf and see on CT that you gave it a 93 at the tasting, you might remember you liked that and buy some.

Again, I’m not saying that unadorned scores are a great thing or that anyone should find them of much use, but I don’t really see why it’s a source of aggravation to anyone.

There is one reason that I use scores without a TN. At the end of any given time period I want to rank my TNs. The only way to do that (as far as I know) is to have a score for every wine with or without a TN. I’m more than happy to use another method (and not torture everyone with TN scores w/o a TN that you CAN filter out) if someone can let me in on the method.

“Agree with previous notes.”
Whose? Yours or the ones immediately preceding yours?
Might as well say “ditto”.