What Are You Opening For The Super Bowl?

I’m surprised I haven’t seen this yet. I think I’m going with a SQN labels. Something big and burly, like the Giants. As a season ticket holder for 45 years all I can say is GO GIANTS!

Going over to a buddy’s house - he’s got a 52 inch screen. Anyhoo, I have already printed out the box scores from the '86, '90 & 2007 Super Bowls to provide some statistical support, and I have stood up a bunch of '86 & '90 Bordeaux to toast Simms & Hostetler. Not sure yet what I will do for Eli’s first victory, as I’m not going to have a lot from 2007 - I may have to cheat here and pick a 2008 (actual calendar year of the game), but I’ll figure something out.

I started a big pot of chicken, andouille and crawfish gumbo today. It’s spicy, of course, so probably Cremant de Bourgogne.

In Maui, poolside before kickoff, then back to the room. Pepiere muscadet and kirin in the fridge.

Maybe next year some reds with the game, but sun and crisp on the menu this round.

A Magnum of 07 CdP of course!

WTF with the Frenchie stuff? This is football! Open some Zin!

Beer- Trumer Pils and Elysian Immortal IPA

Brooklyn Lager. Local 1, Local 2 and Black Ops.

Football = beer. There will be Duchesse and Cantillon early, and Racer 5 and Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale later on. Maybe some Whistle Pig near the end.

I am going to make a big pot of Cassoulet during the day. I don’t really care who wins the game.

Yes, how unPatriotic.

Finally! [cheers.gif]

2005 Saxum Booker

Growler of Pliny the Elder – Go Pats!

Love that shit, but it packs a punch.

Lagunitas (Sensored) Copper Ale
Anchor Brewing Co Brekles Brown Ale
Mendocino Brewing Co Red Tail Ale
Bell’s Oberon (one bottle to fight over)

[berserker.gif]

Either an Alsace Pinot Gris or an Off-Dry Ontario Riesling to go with homemade, spicy wings.

Of course. What do you knuckleheads drink for Bastille Day? Budweiser?

4th of July? Mouton Cadet? [wink.gif]

This is the official AFWE board after all!

I’m going French too. Probably in the direction of some '10 Cru Bojo and on to some '07 Pic-St-Loup to pair with a lamb stew. It’s our yuppie Super Bowl party fare.

Bell’s Oberon is amazing. I grew up in MI and miss the stuff tremendously.

Going over for pregame + the first half to some friends who enjoy Sauvignon Blanc so I’m going to introduce them to Merry Edwards, then to my brother’s for the second half (~ a 15 minute drive… intentionally skipping Madonna) & bringing a growler of a local brewpub’s IPA.

+1 on the Oberon