What Are You Opening For The Super Bowl?

Steve: I’m coming over! LOL Hope your doing ok and sounds like your drinking well…

Not really sure about tomorrow. Nothing crazy though…maybe a nice Zin to go with the pizza!

Yeah I grew up in Detroit. I have a distinct memory of my first taste of Bell’s: Best Brown on tap at a Sam Phillips show at the Majestic. It was like the sky parting and angels singing and so this is what beer is supposed to taste like!

Anyway, not to hijack the thread, but Bell’s distribution now reaches as far as Arizona, so a couple trips per year to visit my sister in Phoenix and stock up as best as I can. There are of course several scenarios evolving in my head, all of which require an 18-wheeler and a Trans Am [highfive.gif]

2009 Domaine Bernard Baudry Chinon Le Clos Guillot
2009 Domaine Bernard Baudry Chinon Les Grézeaux

oh, and some jello shots…

2004 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Spatlese and 2007 Le Cadeau Diversite.

Go Giants!

Making a dry-rubbed leg of lamb roast and cracking open a Dow’s Quinta do Bomfim 1999 Vintage Port. No icewine, I had to go classy for the Super Bowl! [cheers.gif]

Well, given the love for Bell’s and being an ex-pat Pat fan in Illinois, I’ll share mine: Bell’s Two Hearted. Great find for me when I moved from Mass.

2009 Prum WS Auslese GK
2005 Trimbach CFE Riesling
2007 Outpost True
2007 Maybach

Whatever Denny and crew have on deck.

Any answer other than “beer” is WRONG! neener

Going to a party tomorrow (probably staying for only an hour due to the kids’ bedtimes) and bringing a growler of this yummy, new, local brew:

At least I’m guaranteed something good in case Misters Millers, Coors & their buddy Bud make an appearance.

Not sure if I’m taking wine or beer to the party. Maybe both.
Fantome Noel
Dupont Saison
Sierra Nevada 30th Grand Cru
08 Rivers Marie SC

Please post notes!

Sweetwater IPA
Lagunitas IPA
Bell’s Oberon (I think there’s still a couple in the fridge)

I actually bought a couple of other things (something from Prague) but I’ll probably limit myself to one bottle.

Also from the D, also bringing Bell’s (Best Brown). We get it in DC.

And some Aussie Grenache.

Matt,

Your always welcome.

I was told by my friend (a huge Giants fan) hosting tomorrow’s Super Bowl party , that it is bad luck to bring Champagne to a Super Bowl party. Okay. So scratch the 02 Pierre Moncuit Cuvee Nicole. Instead, will bring the Willi Schaefer 2009 Himmelreich Grosses Gewächs.

Cheers,

After the Niner’s game 2 weeks back, this is all I can muster:

It will pair well with east-coast fusball while I continue to scrape the bad taste of losing out of my mouth.

(Maybe suck down a few bottles of Zin for Dildine, tick…tick…tick)

T, I knew I could count on you!

Giants season ticket holder here as well!!

Small, low key gathering from our tailgate crew at our place (known as The Palooza Palace) today. Plenty of good beer flowing for those who prefer suds today but the vino will be:

Whites:
Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc
DuMOL Chardonnay Russian River Valley

Reds:
DuMOL Pinot Noir Russian River Valley
Rudd Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Grown Oakville

GO BIG BLUE!!

Guiness,and only Guiness.
No other beverage will do.

Bad date last night huh? Didn’t know it was called “losing” these days… [snort.gif]

All California. I’m sold. Go Giants!

Beer.

We’re bringing some Brewdog - Punk IPA, but I’m sure I’ll be drinking additional beers beyond that. Our host is doing tacos and other Mexican fare, so I’m pretty sure margaritas will be on-tap, as well.

of course, this all starts at 11pm local time! [wow.gif]