Saxum incoming

2009 Booker, Bone Rock and a new one- Paderewski Vineyard.

Anyone have notes on any or all? What’s the new one all about?

I know and like Paderewski Vineyard, which is owned by Epoch Estate. Epoch wines (Syrah, Rhone blends and Zinfandel - all sourced at Paderewski) are made by Justin Smith and are very worthy.

Thanks Mike, didn’t realize Justin made these wines… Something to look for…

Had a bottle of the Epoch Paderewski earlier in the week. Rather enjoyed it and based on that small sampling will be buying all the Saxum Paderewski I am offered.

One of three offers yesterday. This was the only one I will be biting on. All in as well.

I wonder what happened to the Heart Stone offering that usually accompanies Booker and Bone Rock.

I was wondering the same.

me three. i love that bottling.

Maybe moving to the fall with Broken Stones and JBV? That would be three wines each release.

Matt

The Epoch wines are now made by Jordan Fiorentini… and she’s doing a rock star job! Her '09s and '10s are fantastic wines.

All of the Saxum '09s are stellar as well… don’t miss em… or his '10s for that matter!

Just read a Saxum 09 review where the reviewer spent more time talking about the '10’s he tried while tasting at Saxum.

Just read your notes in the rhone report. can’t wait to buy now.

Hey All,

Unfortunately Heart Stone was smoked in a Spring frost in 2009, what few barrels I had went into the Broken Stones. There will be a return with the 2010 vintage.

Hey Mike,

Glad you like the wines. I consult for Epoch, but like Jeb pointed out, Jordan is the winemaker.

07 Broken Stones with Tebow now. Both are truly excellent.

Just had the 05 and 06 side by side. I am no longer sure the 06 is my all time BS favorite - both are quite amazing. The 05 finish last forever ! and some great coffee notes I have not noticed before. Time to have a 5 year vertical of the BS ?

Yah, the 05 was the slowest to come around, very backwards, it’s finally starting to open up.

logged in this morning but no allocation? seems strange they are not up yet.

Paderewski Vineyard interests me. This is a new planting that quasi-replicates a late 19th Century mixed-black vineyard. Zinfandel, Syrah, Petite and Mourved. Seperate blocks (not interplanted), but co-fermented.

I’ll be in for this one.

Your post it stamped 9:45AM EST… so that means you probably looked at the site at the latest say 6:30AM PST? A bit early in the morning to have a release go live, wouldn’t you say? I’d guess 8-9AM PST at the earliest.