what is your turkey day sparkler?

Recs under $100 please.

2007 Schramsberg BdB
2007 Schramsberg BdN
N.V. Schramsberg Mirabelle Brut Rose

All available at my local Costcos for under $30 a bottle and keeps with the domestic spirit of the holiday.

I also have N.V. Ruinart BdB and N.V. Alfred Gratien Brut BdB from Costco that are under $50.

Either my Veleta Brut Rosado or the Veleta Brut Blanco ($15.00)

disclaimer, just answering the question, yes I have a financial interest.

I was thinking Mumm DVX 2001.
Kinda have to have an American Fizz

Cheers
Rip

Lots of votes for American fizz, but rumor has it that some of the Pilgrims may have actually been immigrants (not so much as a green card!). Now, I don’t want to go spoiling anyone’s revisionist-history patriotism, but for me and mine the bubbles will be a boatload of cava, a random bottle or two of Roederer Anderson Valley, and maybe some Agrapart 7. If anyone really wants to be authentic they should look into Native American fizz. Good luck.

Like the Schramsberg rec. At our house likely Aubry Brut or Pierre Peters bdb Reserve…two the wife likes a lot…

JD

Soter Brut rose, Beacon Hill, 2005

Lauer Sekt, Pinon Brut, Belluard Mont Blanc Brut Zéro

Domaine Huet Vouvray Pétillant Brut and, from across the river, Domaine de la Taille aux Loups Montlouis Pétillant Triple Zero.
Between $20-30 a pop.

My personal sparkler is diet Mtn Dew cause I gotta work. Sucks!

For under $100 (under $50 for that matter) the best American sparkling wine is Schramsberg. I happen to prefer the BdN.

Louis Bouillot “'Perle d’Aurore” Cremant de Bourgogne Rose.

I picked up some 2008 Schramsberg BdB today at the LWS for $22. It is my favorite sparkler under $30. A wonderful California Sparkling Chardonnay.

My favorite in the teens is Domaine Chandon Blanc de Noir which can be found locally for $11.69 on full discount. Nothing comes close for under twelve bucks and with a French touch to boot.

Renardat-Fâche Bugey-Cerdon; it’s reddish, it’s fizzy, you can drink a bunch, it has acidity for cut, sweetness to please, honors France’s help in our revolution, (without which we’d probably be celebrating Thanksgiving in October like our northern neighbors), and offers a tip of the hat to Joe Dressner.

I do sell this wine, but this is Texas, so my price is probably higher than yours, wherever you are, and I can’t ship anyway, so I don’t think I’m falling afoul of anyone’s definition of shilling my product. At least i hope not. If I’m off base here, Todd, please delete.

This year, I think it’s going to be Paul Bara NV Rose (which is available for $35-45.)

I often serve Bugey-Cerdon, though, and it’s always a crowd-pleaser.

Blason de Bourgogne Brut Rose.

Well, I can’t give you Native American, but there are some pretty good sparklers made by Westport Rivers Winery in Westport, MA, within the boundaries of the original Plymouth Colony. They make single vintage wines. I tend to like the Brut “RJR” – a pinot-chardonnay blend – the best. The current release, which I have not tasted, is the 2006. They also make a Blanc de Blancs and occasionally other cuvees. Past releases of the RJR have cost about $25-30 and have been in the same league with the Schramsberg Mirabelle wines.

– Matt

Beat me to it exactly…
[winner.gif]

Sorry–I’m very little help
Mine will be a still red Burg
(Burgundy Thursday)

Iron Horse Brut X is nice for $ 50 but their LD is even better for $ 75 ish

Sent from mobile