Its Friday May 15th, what are you drinking this weekend

A few wines from K Vintners

2007 The Boy
2006 Cougar Hills Syrah
2006 Morrison Lane Syrah
2002 “Wells” Syrah Magnum

Added bonus is that Charles Smith will be doing the pouring for our group.

Late this afternoon at Susan’s Fine Wines - Oak Grove Pinot Grigio, Louis Latour ‘Grand Ardeche’ Chardonnay, Commanderie de la Bargemonne Rosé, Once Wines Pinot Noir ‘The Table’, Moillard Côtes-du-Rhône ‘Les Violettes’, and Rosenblum Zinfandel Contra Costa County. Then we’ll come home and have some Tablas Creek GSM blend with cheeses and cold cuts out on our patio.

The rest of the weekend is still a work in process.

I think I’ll thaw out a couple of those 2007 Kosta Browne SVD pinotcicles.

Russel Bevan’s 07’s Sunday night.
Saturday night will be a huge to-do probably around 30 bottles.
Tonight will be some leftover 05 Ruston Cab and 2000 Bordeaux.

2006 St. Innocent Anden
(Prepping for a trip to Willamette in July)

Not really sure about tonight. I’m headed out the door to the Mariners vs. Red Sox game. Maybe I’ll stop for a drink at The Central.

Not sure… Have some Faugeres on deck, want to check in on some 01 Brunellos, and have about a case of recent arrival burgs that are all calling to me, have been wanting to open a Les Quartz, a Terre Nere and a couple of older Priorats as well. Decisions, decisions.

just popped an 05 Sojourn SC and will finish off the rest of a 05 Doisy Daene from last night.

sipping a little 08 Lynmar Pinot Noir Rose that’s been open for a couple of days. Definitely better yesterday than it was on Wednesday and today. But still very drinkable.

tonight we are having miso salmon, so I will assume some sort of Chardonnay.

Tomorrow…no idea

Sunday…no idea.

Sipping a '98 Dr Loosen Urz Wurz Reisling Spatlese right now, real nice on a warm evening.

this wine needs real air time huh Tony?

will have a WB-inspired 1992 Freemark Abbey Bosche tonight with rib-eyes and then open a lot of different stuff for a Sunday BBQ.

Nah, not that much. I was a little dehydrated after a long ride on Wednesday, made some carnitas tostadas for dinner and Traci cracked this to have with dinner. i took a couple of sips but it just seemed to heavy, bitter to me at time so I opted for water. Over 1/2 the bottle went back in the fridge and I had one glass last night and thought it was very tasty. Tonight…less tasty but still very drinkable.

2005 APVin Pinot Noir Kanzler with roasted pork tenderloin. TGIF.

Thanks for the recco, Joe D. [cheers.gif]

Heading up to Chicago for the NRA IWSB show, I am going to sample a little of a lot!

Friday lunch for four of us regulars was pinot noir themed (except for the starting white, of course). So, after a 2001 Edmond Vatan Sancerre Clos La Neore with a prawn & goat cheese twice baked soufflé, we had a bottle each of: 1998 Joseph Drouhin Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru, 1999 Louis Jadot Clos St. Denis Grand Cru, 2003 Denis Mortet Gevrey Chambertin 1er Cru Les Champeaux, and, an Italian pinot noir, 2005 Alois Lageder Krafuss Pinot Noir (from Alto Adige) with roasted magret de canard with pears and the cheese course.

After lunch, late afternoon, was some NV Billecart-Salmon Brut Rosé.

Friday the evening I attended a tasting of 100 French wines, from Alsace, Rhône, Beaujolais, Bordeaux, Burgundy and Southwest France.

Starting off with a 2001 Josef Leitz Rüdesheimer Berg Rottland Riesling Spätlese Trocken

then onto a 1995 Beni di Batasiolo Barbaresco

HAGWE…

uggh…just opened an 04 Aubert Chardonnay “Ritchie Vineyard”…corked

Right now…Ridge Santa Cruz Mountains Estate Chardonnay 2006. Kinda ho-hum. A bit flabby, not really my thing. Oh well

On deck…Proditturi Barbaresco Montestefano Riserva 2000.

Tomorrow with a Flannery Hanger [wow.gif]

Tardieu-Laurent C9dP 2003 VV, and maybe something else
[taunt.gif]

by the way…I wouldn’t have discovered Flannery without certain personnages on this board. So thanks y’all… [good.gif]

These emoticons rock, by the way
[imnewhere.gif]

Tonight, 2006 Corra Sauvignon Blanc which I must say is pretty good. Still don’t know about the rest of the weekend.

Well tomorrow night I’m going to a dinner at Ed Murray’s house, now I don’t know what they’re opening but I’m bringing…

74 Mayacamas
74 Freemark Abbey Bosche
63 Croft
BDX…

Tonight it’s just a German Reisling.