KB Spring 2011

Undoubtedly the offer will go live on 2/1 just like last year. Will probably buy more of the App wines than last year in anticipation of not getting on the SVD list again this year (although with 2009 production up everywhere I’m hopeful). (I also have a secret source for 4-Barrel and hopefully he/she will have some for me again this Fall!)

My Fall allocation was 2 bottles. I asked if they could just save the til Spring for shipping as a bundle…nope

I stopped buying a few years ago. I have enjoyed them plenty of times, but the price has gotten too high for a guilty pleasure wine for me.

Me too. I really enjoy the wines, but I don’t buy very much at that price point.

Sent from mobile

I believe that 2/7 is the date.

Man how times have changed. 3-4 years ago there would have been 6 pages of slavering, sweaty palmed responses to this post within the hour.

<slavers, wipes palms>

Can’t do this all by myself, folks.

My inbox tells me the offer was sent on 2/1 last year, have they announced a specific date for this year anywhere? The “your offer is coming soon” email sent recently just said February…

The email that was sent to me said the release was Feb 7th… but I’m passing.

I gave up on KB when I found out that they have a pickup party for allocations. I asked to be invited to it since I prefer to pick up and actully meet the guys I’m buying from. They said - “nope - the pickup is only for Sonoma County Residents”. OK… that’s fine - it’s their choice. But I also have a choice and that’s to not buy from them.

As usual, looking forward to this one. I have enjoyed every bottle of these that I have had. As far as the pricing, for this level of quality, I don’t think they are really out of line - assuming they stay at the current $52. Until I see a drop in quality or my tastes change this will be one of the lists I remain on - even with a little price creep.

I originally was only on the App list, but was able to get myself on the SVD list by wish listing. After getting on both lists, I decided that for financial and taste considerations that I could not continue purchasing the wines, so I have been dropped from both lists. I will definitely survive without any more KB. I still have a few bottles in my cellar.

Release will begin Feb 7th.

I’m all in for KB. Its not restrained or elegant, but that’s what I like about it. I’ve got lots of options for restraint and elegance from the Willamette Valley, and I know where to go to get that style. When I want a hedonistic, rich, intense explosion of flavor, I’m pulling out a Kosta Browne. Very different styles, and there is room in my cellar for both.

I enjoyed the '07 and '08 apps, but damn, the '06’s are a mess. I think I only have one or two bottles left, fortunately. Any word on '09?

+1. Sometimes I like bombast.

Does anyone here know the penalty, if any, for skipping an offer? I assume that skipping the App offer means no SVDs in the fall, but does that mean you are dropped from the list for the following year? Or is your allocation just reduced?

Is this the 2008 or 2009 vintage offering?

This release is the '09 Appellations.

Sorry, I think your mistaken about that; show me the email. I have been going to pickup day for years and dont live anywhere near sonoma county.

You might get booted off of the appellation list. The appellation list and the SVD list are 2 separate lists,
and one does not affect the other, so passing on the appellation offering should not impact your SVD allocation.