The Mother of the Litter

I just heard on NPR that the mother of the octuplets already has 6 children. [shock.gif]
She is trying to give the Duggar woman a run for her money! [heat.gif]

And I heard she’s a single parent. I wonder if she can spell WELFARE.

[notworthy.gif] [notworthy.gif] [notworthy.gif]

Somebody had to post it!

Damn you Vastola.

And you, of all people, nominated yourself. Didn’t know you had it in you, Ken. [good.gif]

I see that, while I was typing the above, SheepBoy acknowledged that you’ve beaten him to the punch. Good. he needs a dose of humility.

You can do the hot dog in the hallway!

What an outrage! The fertility doctor who [allegedly] implanted multiple embryos in a 33-yr old single mother with 6 children and living with dad and mom, ought to be horse whipped.

You are my muse! [notworthy.gif] [notworthy.gif] [notworthy.gif]

When we went through fertility, the Dr advised us to implant what we could handle and freeze the rest for next time. If we had 8, come back say-3 or 4 times. We got 3 and implanted them all and got 1 happy, healthy child. If we had triplets, we could have handled it.

Ed,

They never taste the same after they’ve been frozen.

Damn you, I was going to post that!!! [cheers.gif]

Did the same thing, had four take. The Dr. said well we can implant 3, the chances are better. I said “Doc I can handle twins but if you implant 3 and all three take you are going to have to take one of the babies home with you.” He looked at me and said “Two it is.” And I now have one great little girl.

Medical decisions should be made between the doctor and the patient. That’s it. While I think that society has the right to debate the larger issues involved, the doctor patient relationship is sacrosanct. What this woman did is her choice, her body, and her right. Which is why the last second Bush “conscience” rule is so evil: because it attempts to interfere with that. Ironically, reading between the lines, I am guessing that this woman is against the right to privacy between doctors and patients, except when it comes to her. Such is the way of hypocrites.

Reading this gives an idea of the jumping off point for a discussion of the larger issues:
Page Not Found | ASRM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Congratulations! And it sounds as if you made the decision that most rational people would have made. [d_sunny.gif] [dance2.gif]

You’re probably right. As a socially liberal elitist, what troubles me most is that people who make the news for having a gaggle of children are usually the kind who don’t teach all those kids modern science. If the rest of us stick to 1.5 kids, we as a society will inevitably grow dumber.

[quote=“PRINCESS McCALL”]
You’re probably right. As a socially liberal elitist, what troubles me most is that people who make the news for having a gaggle of children are usually the kind who don’t teach all those kids modern science. If the rest of us stick to 1.5 kids, we as a society will inevitably grow dumber.
[/quote]

Dont worry, I am genius and am planting my seed all of over the world! [blink.gif]

All of you guys who can’t make a living in the mortgage industry… QUICK… the future is laser hair removal!

There is good news on two fronts with that.

1. Regression to the mean. The principle of genetics that says that if two stupid people have kids, their kids are actually smarter than the parents

2. There is occasionally talk on hate talk radio that eventually they will take over because they don’t believe in abortion and they have more kids. A sociologist wrote a while back that this theroy is phony science for stupid people. And what else would you expect from the hate radio crowd? The full explanation is complex, but essentially it is wrong: kids so often rebel against their parents beliefs that the breeding of a religious right army isn’t going to happen.

Bob, I basically agree with you about how sacrosanct the doctor patient is; I, never the less, believe that the physician has certain responsibilities to do what he/she believes is in the patient’s best interest. I believe that this charge can be contained in the doctor patient relationship without establishing dual roles (as in trying to treat someone and also being an expert witness for them in litigation). I find it hard to believe that the fertility expert in this case was acting in the patient’s best interest. She has fourteen offspring now (supposedly be the same sperm donor, a peace officer. . .I hope he is contributing something other than his sperm!), I am certain has exhausted her own resources, and via the news, apparently has exhausted the resources of her parents who have sold their house and moved in with her. It is unclear to me who benefits from this except perhaps fulfillment of the mother’s neurotic needs and the fertility expert’s fifteen minutes of fame! You and I via our taxes are supporting this circus. This is not part of an America that makes me particularly proud to participate in when there are others in greater need of these resources. I believe the physician in this case should have chosen not to participate. . .and he did have a choice and made an irresponsible one, IMHO. My two cents worth. . .

[laughingneqw.gif] Only you can get away with that!