2022 UGCB U.S. tour postponed

From late January to late June. Have not looked at all the planned venues but Miami and NYC postponed for sure. This would be the tastings of the 2019 bordeaux.

I wonder if La Paulee in NYC is next. They are typically in early March.

I was waiting for this.

La Fête was supposed to start on October 9 but they announced on September 22nd that it was going to be pushed, so it was postponed 17 days ahead of time. La Paulée is supposed to start on March 9, which using the same math suggests that there are 5-6 weeks before they need to decide. If the Omicron wave is peaking in the northeast imminently, it should be ok to still be held then if people are vaxxed/boosted… at least let’s hope that’s the conclusion that they come to.

I’m also assuming Tre Biccheri will get pushed back as well.

I hadn’t even bothered signing up for the LA or SF events. Even if they were going forward, I’m not close to mentally ready for a UGC-level crowd

I was thinking the same but really wanted to try the 19 Bordeaux.

I thought I was ready in October when Tre Biccheri was trying to pull it off. They canceled it, but I also felt pretty anxious in the run up.

Hopefully with UGC being in June, it’ll be easier to digest. I hope……

Interestingly, in NYC, restaurant current requirements are ID and proof of full vaccination. Not saying that is 100% protection, but it helps give peace of mind. We will see if that holds come June.

All of that would’ve been in place for Chicago+LA+SF as well. Even then, it’s still a UGC crowd and it’s a mental hurdle

We attended a holiday gathering at a friends house with about 70 people. All vaccinated. A week later 14 had Covid (assume that grew to more). That said, none seriously, so a (limited) data point that the vaccines help at least once you catch it!

yep. I was going to sat the same ting. Vaccines do not guarantee no infection. It’s a joke that we in the biz discuss daily. As Keith is saying also. The tasting is always a cluster F.

I think by March Omicron will have infected a large part of the population leaving behind a lot of infection induced immunity. Barring any new variant emerging in the next month, La Paulé is probably a go. Unfortunately, the price of Burgundy will continue to increase with no relief in sight.

There are an uncomfortable number of people at the LA UGC tasting in a normal year. I can’t imagine having it mid omicron.

Has there been a rescheduled date yet for Chicago?

Suggest you call Binny’s (the host) or the Drake Hotel. No new date on-line that I have seen.

1 Like

Just says late June Charles.

UGCB site still lists January. [scratch.gif]

I got this from th email they sent out announcing the postponement.

It will probably be the last week in June for most N. American cities.

New York is June 27, fwiw, although I thought original schedule was for 2 nights. So yes, last week of June.