2022 UGCB U.S. tour postponed

I have been able to find details of the event in Chicago, San Francisco, and New York. Is there going to be a DC stop on this tour? Does anyone know?

Miami
Friday, June 24, 2022
2:30pm-5:00pm

Where is the date for SF? I’m not seeing the tour for the US and it seems to end with primeurs week that is going on right now (well, ProWein in May).

KL wines has on their website: Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux (UGC) Tasting: Wednesday, June 29 , 2022, 6:30PM-8:30PM at City View - SKU 1580143

Looks like 6/29 @ City View.

For the Chicago event, I was able to find date and location via the company that hosts them (Binnys) instead of the UGCB website.

I’m not seeing a trade option though. I’m not gonna pay for it! Lol

1 Like

Hank do you have a link?

bump

seeing if maybe somebody may have any info other than the above for the Miami event. Thanks in advance

The UGCB site only states the week unfortunately. NY, Chicago, SF are 27, 28, 29 June I think and hosted by Sotheby’s, Binny’s, K&L respectively. Miami is hosted by Total Wine and might have more info on that event. That is all I have seen. A friend has been digging for date, host, location of the Houston event to no avail. Hard to believe it is so hard to figure out.

1 Like

Hi Sean, I don’t have a link.

1 Like

The Miami tickets are available through eventbrite.com under tour de bordeaux and the time is 7:30-10:00 pm, not the afternoon.

1 Like

I don’t get it. All of the consumer tastings are noted, but none for the trade.

Trade is in the afternoon.

Going to the even in Chicago (first time). The event page says “Wines will be orderable at the event on a Futures basis - with a 6-bottle minimum per wine. Wines are scheduled to arrive in the U.S. sometime in 2022. All orders will be subject to confirmation due to availability and currency fluctuation.”

Anyone have an idea what range those prices are, generally speaking? I’m guessing they aren’t the original EP price, but maybe not as high as retail?

Why would they be discounted from what the merchant is selling them for at the time?

This could be more or less than they are priced at today as they will probably be based on the wholesale cost plus a markup.

It doesn’t seem like they are coming to LA this year. That’s disappointing.

As of now, the host (Binny’s) has very few of the 2019’s of participating chateaux available for purchase and no longer offers any 2019 pre-arrivals. I realize this is a weird spot given the Covid delay, but I imagine many of the 2019 won’t be onboarded by the time this event happens.

For those Berserkers in the Bay Area, the tickets are now available for the San Francisco tasting on June 29th.

https://www.klwines.com/Products?searchText=ugc

Here is LA: Date and time
Thu, June 30, 2022
8:00 PM - 10:00 PM PDT
About this event- hosted by wine.com, tickets via eventbrite
Join us in West Hollywood for THE Bordeaux event of the year!
Taste the 2019 vintage with Château owners, winemakers and
experts. Over 100 wines from Bordeaux’s top producers will be
poured.

1 Hotel West Hollywood
8490 Sunset Boulevard
West Hollywood, CA 90069

1 Like