Most you've ever spend on a bottle of wine!

$450 - 1970 Vega Sicilia Unico…next for me is $200

7"

$249 Canadian.

A very revealing question, Keith!

I have spent £160 (~$260) on two different wines: Richebourg 1999 from Hudelot-Noellat and Romanee-Saint-Vivant 1999 from Sylvain Cathiard. I’ve got a reasonable number of bottles just hovering under this price level as well.

Cheers,
David.

£240 by accident on two bottles of Palmer '89 about a year ago; had written down the wrong lot number on an absentee bid. That’s the most I’ve spent (outside a restaurant) by a factor of 4!

(just had a look on WineSearcher - going by current retail prices, I didn’t get such a bad deal!)

$200 on an 01 Shafer HSS

Outside of restaurants (which don´t really count I think) it was
3 bottles of Plume de Peintre 2005 from the Domaine de la Mordoree
for €100/bottle which as of today is some USD 135 or so. Next week I
will probably surpass that when buying some Da Capo from Pegau
which is now €150 (hope it is already in bottle).

A good thing I am not into Burgundies…

Cheers
Christian

I invoke the 5th.

$12,895, plus a ham sandwich.

for me it was last year…'06 screaming eagle [suicide.gif]

Kevin, what’s the most you’ve ever spent on an English lesson?

[tease.gif]

You’re just on top these spelling and grammatic malfunctions, eh’ Mr. Fleming! [tease.gif]

$200

David [drinkers.gif]

Schrader off the list $150.

We are told the most effective method of getting comments on a blog is to have spelling mistakes in the titles of blog posts. Some people just cannot resist such temptation. [emot-words.gif]

Cheers,
David.

Not counting restraunt wine lists (which are really a form of extortion), I think $120 is the most Ive spent. Though if Musignys dont start “correcting in price” I may become weak and spend a bit more. (ignore that last statement retailers).

I usually have a rule not to pay more than US$150. Made an exception for a charity auction magnum of 1999 Sylvain Cathiard Romanee St Vivant which I bid $1,900 for and promptly proceeded to drop on the floor, causing it to smash to a million pieces.

Ouch! [shock.gif]

[cry.gif] bad memory that

If mags count, a $450 bottles of Shafer HSS, otherwise I guess two-fitty for 98 Haut-Brion.