Steph Curry Shoots...and Scores...a La Tache?

Think we can get a TN from Draymond and Steph?

Very unfair bias here but my first reaction is “There’s a restaurant in OKC that has La Tache on the list?” Second reactions is “Did they drink it with chicken-fried steak?” Third reaction “Stop being such a coastal elite and admitting to in on a wine bored”.

1 Like

5k wouldn’t be a bad price on a restaurant list.

I’ve consumed a lot of fine burgundies with chicken fried steak. It’s a great pairing.

1 Like

It was a 2015, btw.

-Al

Both Tulsa and OKC are centers of oil and gas biz, plenty of places to spend that kind of money.

1 Like

So full disclosure, I’ve spent time in Tulsa visiting the oil mud wealthy family of a college friend. So I know a bit about both Tulsa and chicken-fried steak (delicious). The Tulsa-ites didn’t think much of OKC, perhaps regarding it just above Texas, but they did have a flair for hyperbole.

1 Like

5k shockingly not too bad for restaurant pricing. Although for a 15’, the recommended drinking dates are 2027-2035+

Who cares what a bunch of necrophiliacs say, I’ll drink a 2015 La Tache any day Joe Lacob offers to buy me one.

• Al
4 Likes

It’s a forward vintage, right?? Fitting for Draymond.

1 Like

True, although I would have guessed he was a Cab guy at this point. He has his issues, but I like Dray.

-Al

I’ll spring for the chicken fried steak.

As a native of the OKC metro but living in Tulsa for the last 18 years I can tell you the rivalry is real. And, typically Tulsa’s cultural elements have been better than the worlds largest truck stop, OKC. But in recent years they’ve done a great job improving the food and wine scene in OKC. I don’t know where they dined but there are several places in OKC that might have that wine. Most NBA players go to Mahogany Steakhouse, Red Prime or Boulevard when in town.

I’ve had 20+ year old first growths in Tulsa that were bought and cellars by the restaurants or clubs. Wine is a thing here. One of the biggest wine fundraisers in the country is in Tulsa, Philbrook Wine Experience. And, don’t forget Gil Nickel of Far Niente was from here and really brought a lot of wine people back a lot for tastings and events.

2 Likes

I think they dined in their hotel restaurant, but haven’t read which hotel.

-Al

Shame that the restaurant couldn’t even provide proper glassware… If you pull up the post from Draymond’s IG story, they’re drinking it out of rather average-looking BDX stems.

Friends,

I saw STEPH’s game and enjoyed it immensely. He completely deserved the LA TACHE although I have serious doubts about the 2015. Not that it is not a great wine but i’s being drunk far too soon. However, cheers to one of the great players of the most fantastic sport there is.

SINCERELY JOHAN

Al was correct. Which at first I thought no way. The Skirvin & Colcord (normal NBA lodging spots) don’t have wine lists like this.

I totally forgot about the Omni opening up in the last couple months. They were at the Bob’s Steakhouse in the Omni. It’s right across the street from the arena.

They don’t say the price paid. Just says that La Tache can start at $5,000.

Allegedly this is the wine list. Wine List - Bob's Steak & Chop House

Wondering if a place that has a category of “Pino Noir” carries La Tache off list.

Are you saying a “Cherry Pie” isn’t a grand cru pino noir?