Steph Curry Shoots...and Scores...a La Tache?

I think that’s the basic list with each location having additional bottles that vary over location and time, hence the recommendation to call the specific restaurant to inquire.

-Al

He scores another one.

La Tache works

I stayed at the Omni a few months ago-really nice place. Bob’s was closed the night I was there so I didn’t get to go there. I was guessing they went to Mahogany-which is a really good spot for steaks and wine.

I stayed at that Omni in June. Went to Bob’s for drinks. Staff wouldn’t confirm Green & Curry were there but they have DRC in stock.

Recall our nickname for you during our weekend cycling trip in the mountains?

Lived in Tulsa until 1988. Back then, it wasn’t much of a wine town though we did start our wine journey there in the late 70’s.

I was thinking the same.

I am desensitized!

In the “French Bordeaux and Burgundy” section of the cellar, next to the Beaucastel.

It’s okay, Kevin, I live in the Dallas area and had the same thoughts. No offense, Roby.

Bob’s originated off Lemmon Ave in Dallas. I’d eat there with my dad when he was in town for business and I was in law school mostly eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I don’t actually think it’s among Dallas’s best steakhouses, but has a cult following and has branded and expanded well. The Lemmon location remains a great place to see pro athletes, team owners, and an assortment of Dallas’s billionaires and business figures. Big money goes to Bob’s. Al Biernat’s too. But because of that, Bob’s usually has some big ticket items off list. The three Bob’s in Dallas all have way deeper lists than what you linked, and all have high dollar items either on or off list. The Dallas Lamar is in an Omni and is walking distance from my office. Lemmon is the old favorite. Legacy/Plano is 5 minutes from my parents, so I go to each a couple of times a year.

Fun story about Bob’s. My Big Brothers Big Sisters little, Jose, turned 16 in February. I called ahead to Bob’s and let them know that I’d like to bring my little to celebrate the big birthday, but that he’d probably not be wearing the higher end business casual typically seen and would that be okay. Jose wanted to go as we’d driven past it a number of times and I’d relayed the stories about going with my dad and clients and seeing folks there. Yeah, all good, would love to have you. We get seated in a booth caddy corner to Clay Cooley, a big car dealership guy who is all over town on commercials and radio spots. My little thought that was pretty cool. At the end of the evening, my meal was comped. Either Bob’s picked it up, or Cooley did. Very fun, and very surreal. Our waitress was exceptional, and went out of her way to make Jose have an amazing birthday dinner.

Anyway, most of the locations have a number of wines “off list” for the wealthy folks in addition to a fairly long cab-heavy wine list that is generally overpriced. Most of the lists also have a few fun odds and ends, and the somms are generally pretty fun to chat with. I ate at Bob’s in Plano a week or so ago and had a 2005 Ceretto Bricco Asili Barbaresco. They did have Beaucastel, but instead of just new releases, had some 06 and 01 as well. They have more bordeaux, and have some big first growths off list. Wine was good, service is usually top notch. Steaks are good.