TN: 2019 Domaine Guiberteau Saumur Blanc

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Sean S y d n e y
GCC Member
GCC Member

TN: 2019 Domaine Guiberteau Saumur Blanc

#1 Post by Sean S y d n e y »

Already showing so, so well! Couldn't resist opening it, and I'm so glad I did; lovely pure Chenin character, lightly waxy and ever so slightly honeyed, crushed white flowers, white peach, some flintiness, and that inscrutable crystalline quality Chenin always gives me. So elegant. Beautiful balance and acid, glides over the palate.
Instagram: @seansydney

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: TN: 2019 Domaine Guiberteau Saumur Blanc

#2 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

Damn, man! You're finding the 2019 already?! It couldn't have been more than 3 months ago when I took delivery of the '18s I bought. Thanks for the note. [cheers.gif]
“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT: grafstrb

Kirk.Grant
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by Kirk.Grant »

Sean S y d n e y wrote: January 13th, 2021, 4:36 pm Already showing so, so well! Couldn't resist opening it, and I'm so glad I did; lovely pure Chenin character, lightly waxy and ever so slightly honeyed, crushed white flowers, white peach, some flintiness, and that inscrutable crystalline quality Chenin always gives me. So elegant. Beautiful balance and acid, glides over the palate.
Thank you for sharing this! I love this producer's whites and will certainly be on the lookout for this.
Cellartracker:Kirk Grant

S. Rash

#4 Post by S. Rash »

Thanks for the note! I will definitely have to look for some to order for my delve into the Loire this year
2020 WOTY Candidates

2016 Ex Post Facto Syrah
2016 I. Brand & Family Brosseau Vineyard Grenache
2013 Ferrer Bobet Vinyes Velles Priorat

Sean S y d n e y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Sean S y d n e y »

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote: January 13th, 2021, 11:44 pm Damn, man! You're finding the 2019 already?! It couldn't have been more than 3 months ago when I took delivery of the '18s I bought. Thanks for the note. [cheers.gif]
Admittedly they just arrived in our market a couple weeks ago and I'm always on record as wanting some!
Instagram: @seansydney

Return to “Wine Talk”