Cuvee Keltie $65.00 $45.00
Kobler Family $60.00 $36.00
Obsidian $75.00 $50.00
Griffin’s Lair $55.00 $33.00
Walker Vine Hill $55.00 $33.00

2006 List Your Price
Griffin’s Lair $55.00 $33.00
Cuvee Keltie $65.00 $45.00

if anyone wants to split some christine or something else with me lemme know.

Jeb Dunnuck has tasting notes for many of the wines posted on his site:
http://www.therhonereport.com/searchWine.php?keyword=pax" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah, I got that too. I got a similar email maybe around 6 months ago. Looks like they’re trying to clear out older stock.

If I could get those prices for a 6-pack, I’d probably do it.

damn, I wonder why I didn’t get the email…I might actually bite for $30 a pop…

I signed up the mailing list 3-4 years ago and have never purchased anything from them so i am sure you probably got the email: check your spam.

i’d split a case of the cheap stuff with someone. can’t say i would pay more than $30 for Pax…

Pax + 2007 CA vintage = scary as hell.

Was this the last year Pax made the wines, or was Tyler in there?

Why is that? Not being a smart ass, genuinely curious. I’ve liked all the Pax I’ve had. I might have to bite on this and see about splitting a case. Free shipping would only make sense too.

really, i am just being a smart ass. the only two Pax’s I’ve tasted (neither an ‘07) were so massively extracted/overripe, for my tastes, that I would be scared to see how extracted/overripe the wines might be in the extremely ripe ‘07 vintage.

I would bite at 20 a bottle. Still too much money for what’s in the bottle.

Not to beat a dead horse, but these wines have been at these prices for over a year now. I have many clients telling me that Joe has been offering them Pax at 50% off for a while.

I would wait, they are only going to get cheaper. Despite the popularity of CA Syrah, Pax is sitting on a lot of Pax.

Buying a few cases is not going to solve this.

thanks for the prediction. i can wait. i don’t really need to spend money.

This is a sad situation. I’ve met Pax and Punky and Joe. I liked them all. I really like the wines they made. They were getting raves from RP. When they split up, it was like the Talking Heads. Nothing good came of it. Obviously they had bad timing with the economy.

Joe has been putting offers like these out for well over a year. I have passed on all of them. I already have a lot of Pax wines in my cellar. By the time Pax started Wind Gap, I had already made the decision not to get on any new lists. I’m sure these are very good wines, but I had to set limits.

I am not ITB like Daniel, but I’ve been buying longer than he has. [wink.gif] My opinion (and it’s just my opinion) is that these wine won’t get significantly lower than this. There seems to be some floor in the wine business below which certain wines won’t go. My sense is that this is that floor for Pax Wines. If you like the style, and you don’t already have a lot, this is a terrific value at these prices. These prices are now competitive with some of the best value wineries around, e.g. Carlisle and Ojai.

I agree. Buy now and enjoy if you like the style. I do.

Thirty bucks all in? Come on now!

If I didn’t have about six cases of Pax in my cellars, I’d be buying. I had a 2005 Griffin’s Lair recently that has become a very classy, elegant syrah. Nothing over-the-top at all. Full-flavored but nicely balanced.

If I had gotten the email, I would be a buyer at these prices.

Posner, if you see deals this low through your shop, you know my email.

Bill, don’t hold your breath. [tease.gif]

I’m hoping Binny’s or someone in Chicago buys a bunch and passes the discount on at the retail level. I’m not up for a case of one but at these prices would pick up a mixed six pack or case if I could find it local

Dont forget the free shipping!

Write to Joe. I’m sure he’d sell to you too!

Joe Donelan: jpd2@paxwines.com

Or send me an email and I forward his email to you.