2015 Geyserville opinions?

I’ve been seeing this wine showing up in some local shops, and if I buy a quantity, I can get a pretty fair discount.
However, opinions and scores seem to be somewhat mixed. Granted, there is a Ridge “style” that seems to polarize some folks.
At any rate, if I am a fan of Ridge in general, what is the Board’s take on this specific vintage? In other words, go long, or not?
Thanks very much in advance for your thoughts.

Nate, I buy the Geyserville every year, and I went long for the 2015 vintage. In my opinion, it is a great Geyserville.

Thanks,
Ed

I had it for the first time last night. It’s got loads of tannins currently so should age nicely.

I’ve had the 13, 14 and 15 and I like the 15 the best. Bought a case of it as it’s one of the better 30 dollar wines I’ve had.

I’m also in the camp that it is an exceptional Geyserville.

I have been enjoying 2009 Trentadue Estate Zinfandel recently. The Trentadue’s have a long term lease with Ridge for Ridge to obtain fruit. The Trentadue is an old vine filed blend which is aging well under screwtop. Reminds me of aged Ridge. Obtained locally for $9.99.

I buy every year. Grabbed six of the 2015. I’m rarely disappointed. Been drinking it since the 91 vintage.

Claude Kolm, a sometime Berserker and a long-time friend of mine, gave it 94 on his blog, and he’s not usually generous with points.

I really liked the 2014 and laid in a good supply. When I tried the 2015 at ZAP this year I knew that as soon as it was released I would get a bottle to spend the evening with to see if is as good as the two samples I had. I bought the bottle and confirmed my impression and have laid in a stash. It will be fun to taste the two side by side down the road.

If 2015 is better than the 2014 that’s really saying something.

Sounds like a newsletter promotion. Risky buy. [wink.gif]

Why not buy one and try it?

Hardly a risk, it is drinking beautifully.

Pretty much my plan, too. Also since about 91. Haven’t gotten the 15 yet.

JD

think it is the best of all their Zin’s, wish there was a local retailer. I just get it through their Z list.

I’m a contrarian: after tasting the 15 Geyserville and 14 Lytton Springs side by side at the winery last month, I came away with a preference for the Lytton.

Alan Rath wrote:
I’m a contrarian: after tasting the 15 Geyserville and 14 Lytton Springs side by side at the winery last month, I came away with a preference for the Lytton.

I went to Ridge last weekend with my wife and our son. Our son and I preferred the '15 Geyserville and my wife preferred the '14 Lytton. We knew what the two wines were but did not know which one was which. I would be happy with either!

Thanks,
Ed

Ed, didn’t intend to dis the Geyser, just putting a good word in for the Lytton [cheers.gif]

Completely understand, Alan. Both are excellent and wines we buy consistently.

champagne.gif

Thanks,
Ed

I ordered my usual 6x750s and a case of 375s. There is virtually never a doubt with Geyserville.