Question about Zachys

Wondering if I am alone in this issue? I paid for overnight shipping and they decide to send ground. 2 of the 3 orders. Then they say they will refund the difference in shipping but don’t and then blame the issue on the third party shipper in NJ. Ineptness?

Bottom line if you paid for overnight shipping and you didn’t receive overnight shipping, then you are due a refund regardless if it was the third party shipper’s fault. Period.

I’ve had constant issues with customer service at Zachy’s Auctions; less so on the retail side but I haven’t dealt with them as much and not for a while. They won’t ship to my state anymore, but even before then they seemed to treat the shipping date I gave as a “ship from” date, and consistently shipped a week or two after the date I gave them without being able to provide any reason why. Responsiveness has been poor in trying to sort issues out, and nothing has ever been explained or resolved. Combined with the difficulty in getting wine here I just decided not to buy from them anymore.

When I have bought from zachys with ground shipping to NJ they have always arrived the next day.

i think zachys has the worst shipping department out of all the major retailers. it is a shame as i would like to do more business with them.

totally inept.
I went into the store to pick up a 4 pack of a Egon Muller Spatlese. 2 bottles were leaking, one with a raised cork. I refused those and they would send me “good bottles” from the warehouse- shipping on them. They not only billed me for shipping they sent the same bottles back to me. I returned the complete order and had to stand on my head to get a refund because they were so busy and understaffed.

Demand a fund, no question. If they won’t refund you, contact your CC company.

+1 I eventually had to sever ties with them due solely to the incompetence of their shipping dept. They shipped via FedEx to the UPS distribution center. They shipped wine to me during Christmas week when I was not home. And many, many more.

What’s weird is that their prices sort of imply some higher level of service too.

I’ve dealt with them twice and both times I had to spend over an hour on the phone to figure out what happened to my order…

The shipping department IS awful. The sales guy on the phone at one point said “Jesus what are those morons doing over there” referring to the warehouse.

0 for 2 on my experiences with them (although all eventually made right)

Good prices on krug halfsies usually. Never had a problem personally.

I don’t usually have my purchases shipped so I can’t speak to that but my real issue with Zachys is their non-existent inventory management system. Time and time again I have placed orders for wines which once I put them into my cart, the website tells me that there are only 6 btls left. Okay, so I revise my order downwards and then submit my order only to then get an email or phone call from customer service the next day stating that the item has since sold out. The experience is truly annoying.

Have had a couple of problems with shipping but Anastasia in customer service has been very attentive & has expeditiously resolved the problems to my satisfaction. I have only dealt with her via email which has worked out well. I remain a loyal customer of both retail & auctions.

I’ve had very little experience with Zachy’s store but all my experiences with Zachy’s auctions have been great and I’ve had a lot of wine shipped/delivered from them over the years.

I’ve noticed that while their prices aren’t generally great, they do always have really good prices on the Krug halves, consistently close to if not the lowest in the country.

My experience with them has generally been fine - not great, not terrible. Orders have sometimes taken a little longer to confirm than expected but by days, not weeks or months.

I bought some wine during their burg sale in the fall. When one of the wines wasn’t on the invoice, I contacted them and was told, no worries, and new invoice would follow. It never did. When I contacted them in December to have the wines shipped, I was told the wine was not available, had sold out though I was never told that.

Oh well. Not the greatest sin in the world, but also not the greatest customer service. I don’t shop there regularly because even on sale, their wines only reach into the “competitive” range, and if their customer service is deficient, there really is no reason to shop there. “Yes, our prices are high, but at least our customer service is lacking.”

Terrible shipping practices. Bad prices. Annoying ‘the boss is away’ emails.

They have some great sales on occasion. I’ve had occasional shipping snafus (higher than with other retailers) but they’ve always straightened them out and it’s never been bad enough for me to think about not shopping there.

They can be a royal PITA, but will usually make it up, but not always. There seems to be a disconnect between the different sides of their business, which can be difficult to track someone down and pin responsibility on. That being said, I feel like they are trying. Terrible website though, and not very user friendly. They are certainly no Wine Library.