Rosh Hashanah wines or what goes well with brisket?

I am thinking Ridge Zin goes well with brisket. Maybe a Bandol or something else like that. Any other thoughts?

older Riesling spatlese if made in a traditional somewhat sweet prep.

shana tova all!

Shana tovah to you as well. I will probably serve a German wine also.

Cru Beaujolais.
Southern Rhone

That’s quite a disparate pair of reds!

L’Shana Tovah everyone.

Not sure of the brisket prep yet. L’shana Tovah, y’all

Burgundy of course. Brisket is basically boeuf bourguignon.

Light pinot for me. Kosher schmosher. Happy New Year to all who celebrate!

Pinot at my house too. L’shana tovah!

Disparate, Diaspora, it’s all the same.

Shana tova!
We’re roasting chickens, I think, so light red it’ll be.

Depends on whether you smoke it or just roast in water with onions or fruit a la your grandmother. Smoked, I go with zin or syrah. Pan roasted in water, I go with something lighter. Pinot or maybe nebbiolo.

Rudd makes good kosher wines.

L’Shanah Tovah all. I vote for nebbiolo, as long as the sauce is not too sweet/tomatoey. I know better than to argue with Keith, but I find brisket more like bresato!

L’Shana Tova! I’d say anything from the Golan…Pelter is one of my favorite producers.

L’Shana Tovah!

I usually put out a mixed bag and let my family decide for themselves. I may need something stronger. We’re going to the Jets/Seahawks game.

Shavua Tov and Shana Tova to all.
Not really a brisket person so can’t offer advice but would be interested to know what you chose in then end. On the first evening we will be starting with Yarden Blanc de Blanc 2007 followed by a double magnum of Domaine du Castel Grand Vin 2005 with roast lamb and Tzora Or with desert. For lunch the next day Castel Rose 2015 with mezze followed by Gvaot Pinot Noir 2012 with roast chicken and then in the evening Matar Chenin Blanc 2014 with grilled salmon.

Love the Domaine du Castel Grand Vin Haute Judea…nice!!

Not my teams but I like the way you celebrate!

That’s another pretty close analogue. Personally I’ve found all three dishes kind of bland and boring ever since I discovered tibs wat!