Rosh Hashanah wines or what goes well with brisket?

1995 Monbousquet. Out of any kosher reds but no complaints.

So bringing back this thread for a 2017 Version. We had a big discussion about kosher Bordeaux and other wines over here Mongeard Mugneret Kosher? - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

I also wanted to link to an article I wrote with some wine selections for Rosh Hashanah, which can be found here https://goo.gl/N55NYH

Spoiler Alert: the wines I selected are
2016 Hagafen Sauvignon Blanc, Napa
NV Champagne Bonnet Ponson Brut Premier Cru
2014 Recanati Wild Carignan, Israel
2012 Echo Roses Camille, Pomerol

Looking forward to hearing what everyone is planning for this year!

Roederer NV
Ockfener Bockstein Kabinett ( for my daughter, mother-in-law and aunt)
2000 Chateau Haut Bergey and some Barolo I have not picked yet.

Brisket was made yesterday and frozen for convenience to not have to cook it on the day of the event.

I tried to start a Petrus for Passover tradition a few years ago but no one else stepped up. [cheers.gif] champagne.gif

No, but I am down with Schrader for shemini atzeret

Screaming Eagle for Sukkot
Taittinger for Tu B’shvat

The possibilities are endless. champagne.gif

There was a time we said shamona essray. I still say tallis. No tallit for me.

On Erev RH, the house we’re going to insists on a Kosher wine. Since I’m the only one that cares, I bring a Barkan Cab Sauv Reserve.
The following night, I can bring whatever I please; as those friends don’t care if the wine is Kosher or not. The white will be a Paumanok Riesling semi-dry (to go with the sweet new year), and a California red.

Smoked brisket with caramelized onions a mole sauce rub for the second cook to render out the fat? We served a 2006 Corton Dr. Peste, a 2013 Myriad Dr. Crane and a 2012 Blankiet Paradise Hills with one for Labor Day and they were all fine.

That’s the problem with you guys who go to the Conservative Temple. At the Reform Temple, we know that Shemini Atzeret is a holiday and Shemoneh Essreh is a prayer.

A Shrader with brisket sounds like a good choice.

We do a slow cooked brisket with carmelized onions, no sweet stuff and no tomatoes, and of course drink Burgundy with it. But then again, its always Burgundy.

Apologies in advance for the thread drift, but the past couple of years for Pesach my wife has been marinating the brisket in pomegranate juice. A sublime pairing for that recipe is Foradori Granato or another one of the Foradori teroldego bottlings from amphora… but then I’m an italophile and I also consider that a spring recipe. L’shanah tovah in advance to all!