White Burg Value Plays

First post so go easy on me…

Looking for recommendations on good white burgs than can be considered decent value. I love PYCM and Hubert Lamy (especially St Aubin) and always try to snag Leroux’s latest Meursault bottling regularly. Am looking for Old World rec’s to help me fill out my cellar which happens to be light on chards at the moment, unfortunately. Picking up as many '14 Chablis as the budget allows mostly in the premier cru level but any sage wisdom you could pass along would be invaluable.

JW

Givry- Francois Lumpp for both white and reds. Great value- punches well above its weight class. ( no affiliation yada yada yada )

JM Pillot Chassagnes, Alain Chavy’s Pulignys are good values. Also have had some reasonable luck with Olivier Leflaive’s offerings, which can be good value.

Christian Moreau Chablis
Domaine Dublere

Roulot Bourgogne.

Henri Boillot

This is great timing, as I was about to post a similar question focused on 2014 Chablis. I just picked up a bottle of 2014 Christian Moreau Chablis, and look forward to trying it soon to see how it starts out…

+1 on Roulot, H. Boillot and Lumpp. Also de Moor, P. Pernot, V. Dancer, JP Fichet are very good in no matter the appellation.

+1 here. Also for areas, St. Aubin works for me and also Rully…

Domain A. & P. de Villaine white wines overperform their price point, IMO. The Bourgogne and the Rully are both Chard, but the Bouzeron Aligote is also a lot of fun.

I should add JM Vincent’s Santenay blancs to the list, if you can find them.
Agree with sentiments above, St Aubin is the place for quality at fair prices. '14 PYCM St Aubin blancs are very good, although I do prefer the more chiselled style of Lamy.

In Chablis, try Picq. The Premier
Cru are dynamite and affordable.

Carillon in Puligny, Bitouzet Prieur in Meursault are a bit more but not expensive.

+1

Love PYCM St. Aubins, but they are getting more expensive in these parts and are not the values they once were.

I’ve liked the Faiveley Bourgogne a lot though I haven’t seen recent vintages to try.

I try every St. Aubin I come across – some are terrific wines, and “underpriced,” though only in relation to Puligny and Chassagne. St. Veran is truly a good value, though not all the examples are all that good (but some are). I usually like Domaine Corsin, but haven’t gotten to try his 2014s, which I’m looking forward to.

Another good value, not high price, is Vire-Clesse, especially Bonhomme. And there’s lots of very enjoyable, relatively inexpensive Chablis. Even villages-level Chablis can be really good with the right producer and right year.

I don’t have a lot of experience with white burg but found the Marc Morey Rully really to my liking and under $40.

Paul Pernot. Probably one of the best values out there for the wines he makes. His BBMs are quite spectacular.

Joseph Drouhin’s St. Veran is usually very good

Thanks for all the recs. Going to try to source a bunch of these in as much '10 and '14 I can find that delivers to TX. I’ve recently started to enjoy St Veran more frequently in the heat we’re having so it is nice to see it show up!