White Burg Value Plays

Pernot BBM is a value play?

For what you get? Yeah.

Good to know…thanks. What are the other standouts in Pernot’s line up (wrt value)?

Everything Vincent Dureuil Janthial makes…

[winner.gif]

Pucelles, BBM, BM. At times, the BM is cheaper than the BBM because he makes one hell of a BBM.

JW, PYCM and Lamy, particularly the latter, make superb white Burgundy, but I believe to find value in white Burgundy one must look where others aren’t looking. If the producer is being discussed much on this board, it is probably too late. Also, I have a hard time discussing “value” above $50. Here are my recommendations:

Louis Michel Chablis 1er crus (I have never had anything other than really good bottles and they are $40 and under)
Cadette Vezelay Blanc Chatelaine (winemaker received guidance from Bernard Raveneau and it shows; under $25)
Rollin Pernand-Vergelesses Blanc (my vote for white Burgundy $35 and under)
Rollin Pernand-Vergelesses Blanc Sous Fretille (very similar to Corton Charlemagne; $50ish)
Jean-Marc Pillot Saint Romain Periere and Montagny Gouresses (both from very old vines and both mineral and citrus tinged; $35ish)
Prudhon St.-Aubin villages and 1er cru cuvees (all under $40, including Chateniere and Remilly)
Jean-Marc Vincent from Bourgogne Blanc to Auxey-Duresses to Santenay 1er crus (all $50 and under and Lamy-like quality)
Bize Bourgogne Blanc Perrieres (I would like to see this alongside Roulot’s version)
Pierre Morey Bourgogne Blanc (all Meursault fruit and it tastes like a very good village bottle)
Bachelet Aligote (the acid in this wine makes it almost electric)

That’s a dozen or so, so I will stop.

St Aubin. Lots of choices.