Whats more important, wine or grammar

As someone who continually gets attacked for poor grammar, whats more important

• Wine
  • Grammar

0 voters

Wine or grammar

whine

I broke the tie.

Kind of depends. Wine is something you experience yourself. Even if you’re sharing with others, your perceptions of it are entirely in your own head. Grammar is how you present yourself to others, and most people spend more time talking, and in many cases writing, each day than they do drinking wine.

So if I had a kid, I’d want him to speak and write properly far more than I’d want him to enjoy wine. If he interviews for a job, they won’t necessarily know anything about wine but they’d hear him speak and perhaps read something he wrote.

A few weeks ago I interviewed a guy for a job that consisted mainly of writing. He seemed capable enough and then he said “I should have went . . .”

That took him out of the running.

it is, “what’s,” not “whats.”

Not to mention the question mark.

It is “what’s,” not “whats.”

You may want to edit your post one more time.

:wink:

Twats.

I vote yes.

Bad grammar is a distraction to many readers and can reflect negatively on the writer.

Signed, Capt Obvious

Alan - since you mentioned you get attacked for bad grammer, you must have bad grammar. Therefore, I was compelled (by you) to vote “grammar”. Please improve so I can vote “wine” next time.

Thanks! neener

Wine. Grammar correctors are as bad as those who troll. Pointing out mistakes is typically not done to help the individual who made the error, but rather to make the observer feel good about being right.

I openly confess to bad grammar.

I know lots of people with great grammer, a lot of them cant solve a problem for shit as they are too busy checking their grammar.

I stick by the fact that grammar is a skill the not everyone has, it has little to do with intelligence or life skills. Ive met loads of millionaires who cant write a note

Grammar.
The plural of wine is wines, not wine’s.
The plural of zin is zins, not zin’s.
The plural of grape is grapes, not grape’s.
The plural of stem is stems, not stem’s.
Let’s stop abusing the lowly defenseless apostrophe.
And while we are at it, let’s stop using myself.
Dan and myself went to the store. Bad.
Dan and I went to the store. Good.
He went to the store with Dan and myself. Bad.
He went to the store with Dan and me. Good.
Myself is only for when I do something to myself.
I am going to shoot myself or I am going to cut myself if people don’t stop using myself instead of me or I.
Phil Jones

Pleeze dont shoot youself.

^^this

A hobby might help take the edge off… :astonished:

I like wine…I like mike grammer? :astonished:

Me also loves wines