Mending Wall

Some interesting news from the folks of Outpost:

To Our Friends and Family,

We are very excited to announce our new winery venture, Mending Wall.

The Tasting Room will be opening Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015.

Mending Wall is the product of three families and the thing that brought us together, our love of wine. Here, there are no rules. No expectations. Just the freedom to follow that friendship, to let it unfold and to take us new directions.

We welcome everybody to visit > http://www.mendingwall.com > and sign up for our mailing list.

If you would like to schedule a tasting, please contact Mending Wall directly at 707-709-4200 or via email at > info@mendingwall.com

Stay in Touch,

Frank and Kathy Dotzler

Outpost Estate Wines

No word on winemaker or source of CS, but Tench SB and Pallisades PS is a good start.

EDIT: Missed the ever-so-obvious “About Us” page that shows TRB as winemaker.

no rules?

just right

pairs well with Shrimp?

So how many wineries is TRB associated with? It seems every new label that comes out announces TRB is their winemaker. I got a note today announcing a new release - 4 Winds. Guess who the winemaker is??
Ok, I digress. Curious of the source for the Cab. Two great labels for Cab combining forces.

the cab is going to be estate grown. the winemaking facility they have built there is truly state-of-the-art, and is on scale with levi’s stadium. this will be the hub for most of TRB’s wine production. the vineyard is literally next door to hundred acre’s kayli vineyard. it has all of the hallmarks of a world-class wine.

this one is a little different, TRB has equity in this winery

Anyone know what the release pricing will be on the cab?

Emailed them back today with the same question on cab sourcing and here was their reply:

“As for our Cabernet Sauvignon, we are sourcing the fruit from all over the valley. We have fruit coming from a few mountain vineyards, including Howell Mountain and Diamond Mountain, and various valley floor locations.”

Just received an email today from them looking for new mailing list sign-ups.

Any new intel on pricing? Better yet, anyone tasted their wines yet?

Got the email from Rivers-Marie today about this.

Thank you, this went to my spam for some reason.

Like the rest of you, I’m semi-interested in the winery, but most interested in price. I’m more curious about the white and the petite sirah than the cabernet.

Confused on the CS. Ariamali and Justin’s posts say two completely different things?

Palisades Petite should be great. I believe this was Hayfork’s source before dropping it from their program, and Mike O’s never disappoints!

Signed up, when will they be releasing?

Which is why i started a thread some time ago about which wineries trb is involved in and at what level. He starts consultations at like $20k and the price goes up but im afraid of the use/sale of his name now

I got an email today from someone there named Jesse saying, in part:

"Our wines are being sold directly through the winery here in St Helena.

Pricing is as follows:
2013 White Bordeaux Blend- $45
2013 Petite Sirah- $55
2012 Cabernet Sauvignon- $85"

He offered to help with a purchase, so I guess they’re already for sale.

No info on the source of the cab fruit but I’m curious and will ask. I’ll be out in Napa in 3 weeks and may stop in for a tasting. If I do, I’ll be sure to report back.

Big prices on the bdx white and PS. The CS is relatively reasonable, as sad as that is.

I’m sure the wines will be good but an easy pass for me as I need another mailer like a hole in the head.