Bedrock has shipped

I have several cases coming luckily.

Anyone tried the 2013 Old Vine or 2012 Oakville yet

4 boxes in my garage!

hooray! although fedex currently says “NA” for my estimated date of arrival and it hasn’t been checked in since it left Sacramento on Tuesday at 1:35 p.m. At what point do I start getting nervous?! Le sigh.

I get the same (ETA revised to N/A). Yesterday, tracker said estimated delivery 10.15, and we received a vm from FedEx as well. Didn’t happen…don’t know how it could with FedEx Home Delivery…ground. I called FedEx and they said drop dead is tomorrow by 8:00 PM. Looking forward to the wines!

Cheers,
JP

oh, that’s promising to hear! thanks! it had initially said 10/15 for me, too… fingers crossed! [cheers.gif]

There was some talk about the Oakville in last summer’s HVS dinner thread, where Morgan was pouring barrel samples from shiners. Tons of great wine that night but the Oakville was one of my favorites, maybe for the entire year. It’s a difficult wine to classify. Probably best to go look up that thread since I can’t pull descriptors from my aging memory. I plan to lose my bottles in the dark recesses of my cellar for years.

I don’t think I’ve had the 2013 OV but yes a couple cases rolled off the UPS truck yesterday for a coworker and I’m tempted to “borrow” one for research [cheers.gif]

My wine came yesterday, and I opened one of the 2013 Old Vines. It was delicious. Extremely well balanced, light-to-medium bodied, nice acidity, on the less-ripe side (fine by me) for a Zin - a well made wine at a spectacular price. It was great with my smoked beer sausage with sauteed onions & peppers.
Can’t wait to open the others.

Had these:

2013 OV (pretty good)

2013 Evangelho Heritage (outstanding)

Too hot down here…no soup for me.

Any clue as to when SoCal will ship?

UGH !!

Light to medium bodied, acidic amd less-ripe to me sounds like an awful zin

I want big ripe full bodied zin, if you want subtle buy pinot !!!

All my descriptors were in comparison to other zinfandels. Definitely not a ripe, full bodied berry bomb, but also not light and acidic. I should have been a little more clear.

Open one up! I have a feeling you won’t think it’s an awful zin. Everyone is different, though. [cheers.gif]

If you want that super-ripe style, Bedrock isn’t the producer you should be looking for. Some of the wines are broad-shouldered, for sure, but typically balanced and a bit restrained in style, IMO.

Please send all bottles to me, and remember it’s a buyers market!

Everyone’s sense of balance is a little different. Next to a Bedrock, a Biale or might seem like a fruit bomb. Compared to a Rosenblum, the Biale will seem restrained. The Bedrocks usually have a streak of acidity which for me keeps them fresh, but Pinot they are not!

Broad shoulderd rather than ripe is probably better way to describe

I dont want fruit bombs

If my zin were a woman it would be one of those beet farming russian bobybuilders from the cold war days

Oh, that is totally going into the next mailer as a description…

Got my box tonight and, wow, those Oakville bottles sure are handsome with the white wax and dark labels!

SoCal still on weather hold… [help.gif] Still working on some '08’s, so no worries here.

if they do not start shipping soon, it will get too cold.

Isn’t it always the way.