CT CLASSIC MODE

Every time I try to use the new CT interface, I find myself always reverting back to the CLASSIC-MODE. is it just me? I love CT but prefer the old school display.

i did for a while (while it was in beta), but eventually forced myself to learn and become acclimated to the new format. would never go back.

I am classic mode user.
I guess I am just like at the beginning where Eric showed me a better way than my excel spreadsheet.
At some point I will bite the bullet and force a switch.
I just find the classic mode familiar and comforting.

I’m still waiting on the graphical reports section to be written into the ‘new’ version. That is the only reason I’ve gone back to classic for the past year.

If I am adding or removing wine, I like the new interface better. I like that the wine in my cellar defaults to a single list, whereas the classic mode, I have to click ‘all’ first to see what’s in inventory. What I don’t like with adding wine in the new CT, is that the right side menu ‘auto-focus’ to the top as you scroll down a page. This is not convenient when trying to add inventory for a producer like turley or carlisle who may offer 20 wines, and as such, build off the bottom of the right side column. You try to update quantity, but you can’t get to the field because it keeps moving off the screen. This may not be an issue on a desktop, but it is on a tablet, where I do most of my browsing these days.

I like the information as presented on the home page of Classic Mode much better. I like seeing all recent activity on my wines without having to click on ‘in my cellar’, ‘consumed’, ‘purchased’, ‘notes’, etc. In classic mode, that info is conveniently displayed on the landing page.

Classic mode here.

JD

Late adopter here. I eventually came around. I can still navigate the Classic version faster for a lot of tasks, but adding multiple bottles from direct winery purchase is so much faster with the new version.

Luddites.

Classic mode here too. Do not like appearance of the new and I hate the way stuff automatically moves down the page with you as you scroll.

Plus I am a long time user (#342) and i don’t have the time or inclination to learn the new interface.

Classic mode for me, all day, every day. It is just so much more readable from a visual perspective, and I have no need for all the bells and whistles of the new version anyway. I also find that classic mode works much faster.

+1

As User #130 I’m old and old school so I prefer the look/feel/speed of the old interface. Nothing wrong with the new one, it’s just me.

Saved searches and adding multiple wines are so useful, I can’t quite go back to classic mode although I prefer the classic mode’s clean look. It took me a long time to get used to the hovering window but now for some tasks it reduces much clicks. I have side panel turned off as its moving around bothers me too.

On a few very specific functions, i go back to classic mode… (i.e. if i printed a label and the printer screwed up and i want to reprint a few, it’s so much easier in classic mode)…

but for the most part the new format is much more user friendly.

Classic, always.

Click HOME at the upper left of the new site. There is an activity widget on the homepage.

I have to tell you all that at this point, we see 10x the activity of Classic on our mobile site, and and we see 50x the activity of Classic on our newer desktop site. Even our apps are already up to 7x the activity of the Classic site. We still go to great lengths to maintain Classic, but it is down a few hundred users per day.

New CT = less clicks for me…I now get annoyed when I click on a link and it takes me to the Classic mode.

I was reluctant at first to use the new interface because I had used the old version on a daily basis for 4 years, but I promise, if you force yourself to use the new CT you will save TONS of time. Once you get the hang of it there are a ton of improvements and overall it is much more user friendly.

Always use the new CT now. I like it. It took some time to get used to it.

Classic. I can get around the new version okay if necessary, but most often I opt out and find I can get around faster on Classic. My first clue I wouldn’t like the new as much was that I had to do an instructional. No one ever needed to show me how to use Classic.

I’m a dinosaur, I know.

Thank goodness for Eric though. Man, I use his gizmo every day several times a day and I don’t know what I would do without it.

I was slow to adopt the new version but I like it now and never feel the need to go back to the classic version. The new version has a number of advantages over the classic, but I’ve not found any advantages the classic has over the new. I particularly like the way my whole cellar list is there on one page without having to do additional clicks.