Shebang Eigth Cuvee

Anyone tried this yet

The last few seem to be reported as very sweet

I had the seventh recently and I didn’t find it too sweet (and I’m sensitive to sweetness). In fact, I’ll probably buy more soon. I don’t see any notes for the eighth on CT.

• NV Bedrock Wine Co. Sherman & Hooker’s Shebang! Seventh Cuvée - USA, California (9/1/2014)
    Primarily Zinfandel and Grenache, but to me, the Zin flavors dominate. A more red-fruited version of Zin, with admirable complexity with layers of fruit and spice. I detected a hint of sweetness, but it was not sweet and I think was more perceived sweetness from the alcohol. Not one to age, but who cares? A delicious crowd pleaser and a very good QPR. (88 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Had a bottle of the Seventh within the past week. Corey’s note above is spot-on.

Way too candied for my palate. Cheap is good but only if you like what you are drinking. I would not buy, except for perhaps a big party wine for a large event.

I had a Guion Cab Franc last night, which for all of $12.99, just rocks my palate.

Do you like Zin generally?

I tend not to like big, powerful Zins, but this was in my wheelhouse.

I had it recently and tend to agree with Corey’s assessment. It’s good for the price. I may also go back to Vin and buy some more. I kinda liked it.

I also had the White, but did not care for it (no one else in the group cared for it either). Tasted like generic white wine of no specific varietal. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t good either.

Yes. Been buying Ridge annually since the '91 vintage. It’s about the only winery, here or abroad, that I buy from every year. I love Geyserville and Lytton Springs equally. I bought the first wave of Bedrocks when they went live, was not thrilled with the Zins, then took some time off. I reversed course on the '12s based on my buddy Dildine’s recommendations of giving it a second chance, buying most of the offerings. I will also take Mike’s advice and sleep on them!

You might consider grabbing a couple bottles of the Shebang for your guests that like flavor.

You also might consider changing your avatar. No one wants to see your feet, not even your wife.

Oh, gosh, I love love love love the white. Best $10 wine I know.

The seventh tastes better with a day air, remarkably enough.

The 7th is a great Tuesday night wine. Bedrock fan boyz will love it.

Vin also had the 2012 Lorenzo’s Heritage that I want to go back for. That was a terrific wine.

This wine has been quite different with every iteration to it’s difficult to know if one will like one cuvee to the next. I don’t find this wine sweet. I think it stands out against most CA grocery store wines in this price range for not having overdone oak flavors, and sometimes shows a nuance of quality French oak which pretty much doesn’t happen under $15.

I’m due to pick up some wine at K&L and I’ll probably grab some of whatever cuvee is in stock, as well as some Marietta Old Vine Red for comparison.

I’m assuming you have a male foot fetish as that’s two comments on this board in one day, not that there is anything wrong with that. And I fully understand that my rather large feet are intimidating or distracting.

My wife liked the Shebang. She also loves Conundrum, red and white.

The last I ever had of this was the last one that came in a Jug. Pretty sure we drank it by a campfire at a big outdoor event. I thought it was a very nice party wine, especially at $12 a liter, and something that would have broad appeal. But it was also a bit too sweet and ripe. Too bad that they ditched the liter format.

My brother was working in London around last Christmas, and we got a lovely prezzie
DSC_0988.JPG
our Fortnum & Mason pick nick basket

We were so very posh at the beach

The weirdest thing…I almost quit buying from bedrock several times. Now I buy them and stick everything in the cellar for a year minimum. I mean everything. Even the sb and rose taste much better the second year in my opinion.

The apple doesn’t fall far from the Peterson tree.

Just tried the eighth cuvee. More zin than the seventh which to me was more Syrah like. Jammy, spicy red fruits. Good for this price point, but don’t expect anything too complex or deep.

Doh. I ordered the Seventh for a big party tomorrow night and the Eighth showed up.

So the Eighth was fine, but definitely comes off as much more Zin-ish than the Seventh, which I preferred. Bright, sweet brambly fruit with decent acid and some heat on the finish. Seemed to be very popular / accessible as a party wine.