BERSERKERFEST 5 NYC Sat Nov 13 Sushi, Champagne and Riesling in Suburbia..................

Ok plan for Saturday is Sushi, Champagne and Riesling (trocken) in Suburbia start time 6pm (they have other food for those who don’t eat sushi)

We can have up to 35

Cost will be $50-$60 all in.

We’ll meet at Garden Sushi 28 Columbus Ave, Tuckahoe, NY 10707. This place is located right across the Tuckahoe train station so it will be very easy to get to for folks who will come from the city. After party will be at my place for those who didn’t have enough and want to party more!

Leo & Connie
Father Saxon
Prof Ken
Zach
MikeShor
Suzanne & Kenny
Toadster
Mont Stern
JayBeckyHack
DavidLazer +2
JordanCabesablanca
Kimberly Cabot
Salil

Let me be the first to say…I’m in! [dance-clap.gif] [dance-clap.gif]

Where goeth Leo and Sax, so goeth me!!!

In.

[cheers.gif]

This is looking like another epic Berserkerfest.

sign me up…+ Kenny

So long as we do not have a fixed menu that excludes the cooked stuff that they sell, since my wife would rather eat Mrs. Paul’s fish sticks than sushi, we are in for two people. Here’s the menu, by the way: http://dqgarden.com/file/menu.pdf

I would like to point out that this entire weekend seems to be focused on light, non-red meat, food choices in order to enhance the flavor, or lack thereof, in the preferred anti-flavor wine choices of many BF attendees. I have just finished an event at my house which included 16 pounds of assorted Flannery custom burger blends. I have a few pounds left that have been frozen for future use. If we can keep our hands off it until November, maybe I will bring a Hibachi and grill some in the parking lot for those of us who want a pre-event event that includes real food and wine with flavor. [stirthepothal.gif]

May I at least cheat and bring a bottle of Sauterne, since I have never had any with sushi and everyone seems to rave about the pairing?

In as well!

PS - I’m coming to hang with you guys b/c Riesling ain’t my fave! I’ll drink with Jay in the parking lot and just come in to say hi! [wow.gif]

Does the restaurant know what they’re in for? [snort.gif]

Put me on the list, I may be late to this one though.

I love sushi, but I wondered about this too. We seem to have 2 food events that are inclined toward whites and lighter reds. Where do I bring my SQN Syrah and Aussie fruit bombs? [shrug.gif]

Save those for Saturday Lunch at my place! We start drinking “port like wines” at noon, fall asleep around 3 wake up at 6 and off for some palate cleansing with champagne and sushi.

Interested, but tentative atm. (Leo, you have a PM)

I’m bringing sexy back.

Hook me up.

Hook you up?

I’ll have to see if I can arrange my work schedule to fit this. We would love to come as it would be the first 'fest we would attend as a married couple. I am taking a good bit of time off for the wedding and stuff so if I’m not putting my job in jeopardy, we’re in.

New York Style! [welldone.gif]

Jersey actually. Or as Victor would say " Joisey". neener

Surprised you wouldn’t [ken.gif] Doc.

In a New York Minute . . . I’m in it!

Wow, you work fast. Not sure if I’d be proud of that if I were you… neener

Not to be a spoil-sport (I usually let Brad Kane do that), but do we really think sushi and Champagne are good ideas for a large event like this?