BerserkerDay is coming up! 1-27-11 (See original post for important info!)

Last BersekerDay was a ridiculously crazy time, with tremendous deals, sales, and giveaways. It’s time to start planning another such total wine world meltdown!

If anyone wants to step up to help organize the craziness, please let me know. Just don’t talk to Carrie and Randy Bowman about it, or you will be scared to volunteer! I’d love to have a committee as we had last time, only I wouldn’t want the organizer to have to be left with all the work, as last time…

I’m writing this to start the ball rolling with the ITB’ers, who need to provide equally (or better) offers and deals and sales for BerserkerDay II, our second official anniversary at this home. (Crazy to think about, isn’t it? All that exists here, only two years!) Please PM me with your proposed offer, or email me at todd at wineberserkers.com (replace the spaces and at with @) and I’ll start putting them together.

HERE’S HOW THE DEALS WORK:

Several have asked how the ITB deals or giveaways work, so I’ll spell it out here in this thread, making it the ‘master thread’ until BerserkerDay is upon us.

ITB Offers: Wineries, retailers, and really anybody who wants to do a special BerserkerDay Offer simply needs to contact me and give me the details of what the offer is, how to get it (if there is a special code on the website, etc) and whom to contact to get the offer. Wine Berserkers does NOT take the orders directly, as I have no license to sell alcohol - these must go directly through those making the offer. I will be scheduling offers throughout the day, typically in 2 hour increments, overlapping, but in some cases they might run longer. Let me know your preference, but part of the fun is in limiting the time when they are available.

Donations/Giveaways: Donations and giveaways will be pooled together in ‘auction baskets’ to be auctioned at times during the day, combining gifts, most often, into packages. While the goal is to have one person win, several CAN bid on the same item together, as has been done in the past.

History of BerserkerDay: Special thanks go out to Mark Squires for giving us our name (attached file below) and Melissa McCall for capturing the moment, before the word that bore our community became a banned word…

See…Squirrel Nutz is good for something.

Man, all this excitement makes me want to hit the elliptical and then play (at least!) 5 sets of tennis!

You can count on the Lompoc Crew again to offer up something fun and exciting…and maybe even a little bit dangerous!

;D

Black Helicopter flyover included if it’s late next summer!

Hey now…I saw the REAL Black Helicoptes here in Dallas last week. Kinda creeped me out at they were MD 500s painted all black with no tail markings. Each of the four had three armed dudes hanging on the skids and they were hugging the deck while following I-35E Northbound.

What Carg and I are thinking is how you do the bucket pick-ups from rivers when you’re fighting fires, but instead of water, you pick up a Berzerker attached to the line, and fly them around Sta. Rita Hills as “gently” as possible.

First one NOT to puke gets a signed mag.

Yeah but who signs the mag?

[drinkers.gif]

First of all…REAL?..

Second, I played around with a few of those guys today. Little Birds in Dallas…weird.

Yup. Straight up.

I guess they didn’t find you, eh? [welldone.gif]

I had my foil hat on. Dah.

Don’t relax yet. You never know with those guys [wink.gif] ~

Well, there goes my 2011 wine budget before we even get to the end of January. [swearing.gif] [cheers.gif]

Just because you’re not paranoid doesn’t mean they’re still not out to get you.

Already a couple of great offers have come in from Vincent Fritzsche and Dave Smig, as well as a $100 gift certificate from JJ Buckley!

T-bone, maybe we can offer rides on the jet pack? We have been working diligently to get the kinks out of a homemade jet pack. I think it basically just needs some kind of throttle control or a braking unit?

Ok, it’s time to crank this party up.

Randy & I are in for a donation of some wine…

One month from today and counting… tick tick tick

grouphug

Okay, folks. I need some more ITB’ers to step up and offer the ‘deals’ like last year, but better! It was crazy fun and a LOT of money was spent!

I also need a committee - I’ve got Linda Baehr on awards, but need 2 people for the organization of the BerserkerDay Deals - gathering the ITB offers and putting them in a thread, organizing when they will run, and when they will stop, etc. I might even suggest reaching out to the ITB’ers and asking for the deals, but typically they step up, and they do so in a big way.

Volunteers?

HELLO, WHO is STEPPIN UP TO HELP???

You all know you don’t want us to start berserker deals only on PST.
Time to offer some help so both coasts are covered
flirtysmile