Zepaltas Chicago May 17th

David L+2

I’m in +1! My GF Michelle will be joining. This is actually going to be my first berzerker offline. I’ve attended a couple others now with the WS board.

Looking forward to it! Let me know what other wines others are bringing as I’ll make a decision from there!

Osteria Langhe did not respond to an email inquiry (nor did another place), so will call later today. We may need an alternate option.

Smoque BBQ is free BYOB. But the food might not be a good match for the wine.
ATK has very good Thai food. It is BYOB as well. But we need to bring our own stems.

If we’re looking to do something more high end, I can get Restaurant Michael to waive corkage and probably to provide some “extras”…but it’s in winnetka, so might be better for a weekend gathering.

This is too much traveling for me for a weekday. We will have much more options, if we meet on Sunday.

We need to work around Ryan’s schedule.

I plan on making a couple calls today, but my sense is that we will find an appropriate place on Monday.

[cheers.gif] Thank you, Corey!

I love smoque, but its hard to get space for 2, let alone for a big group there.

I love braciola and they tend to do a good job with big groups. i know the recent chicago offline was there, and i’ve done one other with the wine spectator forum there.

other ideas include:

• lucia’s (north ave)
  • chez simo (french - damen and lawrence)
  • mixteco grill (sometimes hard for wine pairing)
  • honkey talk bbq (havent been yet, but i hear good things. also $1 corkage)

Briciola and Honky Tonk are closed Mondays.

I’d prefer Osteria Langhe because it’s probably easier for transportation, though it occurs to me that 90 Miles Cuban Café is right down the street. The bonus is that they have a nice patio, so that might make for a fun evening. The food ain’t fancy, but it’s tasty and should allow the wines to shine.

My GF and I are HUGE 90 miles fans! it’s not fancy at all, but the food is great. honestly, it might work with the wine too. we usually go to the one on clybourn but i know the patio in wicker park is great. fun idea.

Can’t make this… but Bread and Wine in Irving park is another place I have reached out to before that were prepared to wave corkage. Their menu looks very wine friendly. Location might be a bit far north in the city for some folks.

Oh, and Pleasant House Bakery on the South side. They have a patio. Wine and Meat Pies, yum.

That’s a great suggestion Clayton! I loves me some meat pies! The chips at Pleasant House are tasty too.

Perhaps Ryan can chime in as to his preference.

what about BellyQ? Food is good. They are BYOB. I left a message with them to see if they can waive the corkage.

I had reached out to them with no response, so if they can do it, I’d be game. Please update if/when you hear back.

will do.
Tea smoked duck breast with pinot…DEeelicious… [cheers.gif]

I got back from Osteria langhe.
How many bottles are we bringing? As long as we do not have too many, they agree to waive the corkage for us. They “recommend” us buying one bottle off their list though.
Thoughts?

Erm, I think we may have too many. There’s always too many.

1 per person should be plenty for our group. How many bottles will Ryan bringing?