Wineries with great Sauv Blanc in Napa area?

I love the Mayacamas Sauvignon Blanc.

Merryvale

Wolf Family 2012 cab is excellent and they have an excellent SB.

Melka La Mekerra SB is from Knights Valley. Carries a hefty price ($145), but it is really impressive. ALMOST worth splurging.

Peter Michael, though I think it’s actually in Sonoma

1 Like

That’s an excellent one. It didn’t show up in my results because it is not a Napa wine, but the winery is, so…good enough.

So bossy, this guy! neener

Fu’s bud so I assume balla.

Duh. He saves money on clothes so he can ball out on wine and beer.

Although Sonoma, what are people’s thoughts on Merry Edward’s SB? I’ve heard raves about it, and tried it and can say I’ve never tried something quite like it.

Massican
and to echo Todd’s post- Gamble

As someone said earlier. Bevan is in the Napa Valley (Chateau Bosworth?) but the grapes are from Sonoma. My WOTY is Bevan Ritchey 2013.

Kenefick Ranch makes a nice one. You can walk in to the tasting room in Calistoga, Up Valley Vintners.

I took her on a tasting to Mondavi last year. Got the full tasting in the glass room in the cellar. Drank some 90’s I-Block/Cab reserves. hell of a tasting. The group had a great time. (they had a great time at every tasting)

La Flor de Jonata.

Aight! She chose Gamble and has an appointment set. Thank you everyone!!

their tasting room is about 3 hours south of Napa ;p. Matt told me they can’t accommodate me that Friday anyways. (I’m up in the SY valley that friday, 8/7!)

Just ordered two of the Herb Lamb Two Dogs SB for a test drive. Thanks all.

Dear Sir,

I am really sorry to hear that and the fact that you had a bad experience. This is for sure not how I like to run a business and hospitality should always be there. Please feel free to reach out to me directly next time you are in the valley I would love to go over what was wrong in order to better ourselves.

I agree with others on the Mondavi ToKalon I-Block. Shocking price but a wine that will haunt you. Plus maybe the oldest SB vines in CA?