Wineries with great Sauv Blanc in Napa area?

She emailed Arkenstone a week ago, they said no appointments available (kinda surprising). I’ve taken her to AO last year so she’s looking to branch out to something different. I’ll have her reach out to Spottswoode!

Thanks all.

There likely is no Sauvignon Blanc better than Gamble.

newhere but I’d throw in a vote for Kenzo.

I don’t know that I have ever had a REALLY good Sauv Blanc but these three are very nice for the money.

Quivet Tench Vineyard
Realm
Bedrock Judge Family

BTW - has anyone ever had a 96-100 pt Sauv Blanc? [scratch.gif]

I don’t score wine, but if I did I’d think about putting the Mondavi To-Kalon I Block in that range.

Apsara

Thanks, Jim - I may endeavor to try the Mondavi some day…

Oops, meant to send a PM.

It’s got a staggering price tag, but my two experiences were memorable, to say the least.

Sorry about Arkenstone…they don’t produce a lot and it goes quickly. One I have been waiting to try…not 100% SB is from these folks (like the vineyard sources and the people involved…looks nice too):
http://mendingwall.com/

Mondavi ToKalon I Block 96+ pts
Quivet
Apsara

Herb Lamb vineyards makes a terrific sauv blanc semillion blend and Jennifer Lamb is one of the best people to taste with in the valley

Bob

Screagle SB is decent :slight_smile:

+1 to all the Quivet love, hard to conceive of a better Napa SB for the coin. Not sure if Mike Smith could do a quickly planned tasting like this one.

I took her to see Mike last year.

Thanks for all the recs guys. I passed it along to her and she’s going to put some feelers out.

Ziata
Herb Lamb
Keever

are my go to SB’s. Bridesmaid if blends are okay.

Agreed, adding these to my Gamble recc above - best 3 in the Valley, IMHO

In general I find CA SB to be an abomination, but the two bottles that Soliste produce would be at home on any table in France. Lune et Soleil is my fave right now.

I think Cali SB doesn’t need to taste like Loire SB for it to be enjoyable…

100% go to Mondavi and splurge on bottle of I-Block. Take bottle to Rutherford Grill and uncork, sit a spell, and have some fish.

Modus Operandi makes SB that punches well above its price point