Who's on untappd?

I just added you. I have a pretty wide network of friends there. You should be able to connect to people who make notes.

I joined purely out of curiosity. I will continue to participate on Untappd for the same reason. My Untappd “check ins”, however, will be abbreviated cross-posts of what I post here. in fact, I think on Untappd, I will usually just “Check In” and maybe post a one sentence comment. I find online forums, such as this one, to be a far more user-friendly platform for actual discussion.

All that said, who knows — maybe Untappd will surprise me somehow.

Brian- I am testing it also…but am not sure it is the final answer as I stroll my local Total Wine/BevMo places and try to decide…is it gonna be a sixer of Old Spekled Hen or a big ol’ Bruery Saison Rue for this weekend? champagne.gif

Will spend some time with it later – but the utility v. Beer Advocate TN’s doesn’t seem apparent.

It’s more or less a Facebook for beer geeks. If it’s tasting notes you want then BA is more the source for that, although there sure are a lot of 22 year old kids there that are more like lemmings rating any hyped beer at the top whether it’s good or not. I have liked an awful lot of beers that have mediocre ratings, but I guess that could be said for wine too.

I hope you went with the Bruery!

+1. I can promise anybody that “follows” me on Untappd that my ratings/thoughts on beers will be not-at-all influenced by whatever anybody else thinks of them.

Matt “B e e r to lat us” - sorry, with my unique last name I don’t like the whole thing just hanging around online.

Yeah the notes field is basically the same as twitter. I rarely write anything other than one word things to remind me if I liked it. Like “gross” '“boring” or “yum”.

I like it because it keeps a record of what I have tried.

J

THis is what intrigues me about it, too. I also figure that after a year or two, I might pay the $5 monthly “supporter” fee (or whatever they call it), so I can see my personal statistics.

Cool. Thanks. Untappd requires an exact match when a search is conducted, hence my question.

Hmmm… never even heard of the “supporter” fee. I’ll check that out. Do you think you can see you historical statistics?

J

I don’t know. I just got on the app and I can’t find what I’m talking about. It must be the web version that has this (I’ve checked it out online, too).

Just signed up, LBHOPHEAD.

Cheers…

Bud

Just signed up as well (jsulliv), as a result of this thread. Trying to figure out this app works.

On Untappd as hcamhi. . . .yeah, creative I know.

HIC

I’m on there too.
Username: Babyboofoo

I am now on as LBHOPHEAD.

Cheers,

Bud

I finally got on - user name is flop. Will soon be hitting ya’ll up.

Does anyone know how to add a beer to the database? Apparently, beers from Cyprus aren’t popular with the Untappd crowd — go figure. [crazy1.gif]