Which Donut Is Best?

Bear Claw.

Or whatever the drug reps bring to the pharmacy.

No cake donuts. They’re all Friehofers to me.

This makes Todd [cry.gif]
French.jpg

A glazed cinnamon roll is a donut?

If Krispy Kreme didn’t use the absolute worst possible oil they could for frying their donuts, they would be the greatest fried dough treat on the planet Earth. Why they go through such a high quality carefully controlled process to produce the best donut possible and then use the absolute worst cheapest artery clogging oil they could to cook them in is beyond me.

I voted for Boston Cream donuts, only the greatest donut ever conceived by man. Only 1 vote behind Glazed but I know it will perform a come from behind miracle win.

Ahhh VG’s late night snack. I do remember having the apple fritter late in the evening as a distraction from studying. Also they were open late with no waving of cash to get the door open. Donuts couldn’t have been more than a quarter. Went back not long ago and the memories didn’t come back and I think my taste has shied away from the sugar load type of donut. That being said Randy’s donut in Westchester produces donuts like the Big Donut used to and that is still my favorite donut. When I’m out to visit family that is where I go for a crumb or orange or glazed donut.

VG’s is so awesome. I made numerous treks up to Cardiff while living in Del Mar.

My favorite: French crullers made with pâte à choux.

Yes, you will.
They are at the small farmers’ market on Broadway by City Hall on Tuesdays and Fridays, if you happen to be in lower Manhattan.
I have to walk by them to get to work and do not always resist temptation.

I voted for cake donuts because the first thing that came to mind was cider donuts.
Now that I’m thinking though, Leonard’s malasadas in Honolulu…

That might be easier since my car dropped dead on Sunday.