What Bedrock wine are you drinking tonight?

Saw a few positive reviews on CT recently for the 2010 Bedrock Cabernet Sauvignon Bedrock Vineyard so decided to check in on one. Excellent Cab. While there’s a bit of oak on the palate that needs to integrate a bit further, it was delicious, showy and the aromatics are really taking off. Have a few left, thinking the next bottle will be opened in late 2017 - early 2018…

Bedrock trivia. Pulled out an '08 Lorenzo’s tonight and it had a black capsule on it. Can’t remember ever having a Bedrock with a capsule.

I have never seen a capsule on a Bedrock. Wax used recently though.

I am all out of Bedrock in my house. I have to make a run for the offsite storage soon.

I have some mags with wax and the Oakville has wax, but can’t remember a tin capsule, ever.

2013 Bedrock Zin Carlisle bud was the last one I had. Rich, dark fruits, and rich with a good streak of acidity for lift.
I got Bedrock so might as well enjoy them.
No need to wait.

2014 Judge Family Sauvignon Blanc - I’ve been working in the yard all day so I came inside and popped one. Damn this is refreshing, I want to pour the rest of the bottle over my head.

'07 and '08 had capsules. The Rebecca’s PN comes to mind as does the Cabernet.

Tonight a Stelvin. Iced up a Lulu for Pobega’ng.

My wife and I Pobega’d a Lulu earlier this week, and I loved it. Seemed to have more zingy acidity than I remember from last year (although, my memory is horrible, so who knows), and the usual loads of fresh strawberries. So very quaffable.

2012 Dolinsek Ranch Heritage - very easy drink, well made

1 Like

What he said…

[resizeableimage=403,716]http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj622/bu11itt/Drank/2015-03-28%2021.09.51_zpsazpqgxut.jpg[/resizeableimage] [resizeableimage=403,716]http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj622/bu11itt/Drank/2015-03-28%2022.04.00_zpsiksn5pgh.jpg[/resizeableimage]

2014 Ode to Lulu Rose’

I’ve never had this wine before, but bought a case based on all the praise it gets and on my experience with other Bedrock wines. Fresh, acidic and just plain good. I’m going to have trouble making this case last through the summer.

1 Like

Waiting for those new Under the Wire releases being teased on Twitter.

We drank the 2013 Compagni Portis white before dinner. Review here:

2011 Casa Santinamaria thanks to Berserker jeffruggels. Funny, I was asking Morgan on Saturday when he was going to make another Casa and Sunday morning I snag 3 on CC.
image.jpg

The 2010 Bedrock vineyard. Pretty awesome.

I’m sorry, I couldn’t help myself. I’m under the influence and I opened a 2012 Alder Springs syrah - absolutely fantastic! Gonna put a cork in the rest and revisit tomorrow expecting even better!

Drinking a 2013 Ode to Lucien tonight - bright and spirited wine with nice rasberry, red currant, and strawberry fruit and bright acidity. Nice changeup from thbasic merlot/cab wines i have been drinking. [cheers.gif]

Opened the 2013 Gibson Ranch Heritage Wine, McDowell Valley last night. Pretty, medium purple color. Not very forthcoming aromatically - hints of berry and cherry. Full bodied-ish, fairly elegant yet substantial, noticeable tannins (though not out of balance), moderate fruit flavors that were hard to pin down, but definitely more on the Syrah-Grenache side (than, say, the Zin-based flavors of many of the Bedrock heritage wines). Hints bitter/Grenache, oak, spice, etc. Medium finish. Overall, liked it, but it needs time to unwind.

2009 Kick Ranch Syrah - Morgan said to drink up in is vintage tasting notes. Pop and pour and this was ready to go. Very nice syrah.

2013 North Coast Syrah - Figured I’d open one of these to see where its at. Nice spicy nose, leaning toward white pepper. Was a little hot at pop but that mellowed a bit after a good 2+ hour decant. Went very well with pizza :slight_smile:

1 Like