Wednesday March 23 - New York City - 2001 Cali Cabs - on the BIG side - OP Updated

I counted 8 on the thread joining as of last night and had a reservation for 10 so likely room. Leave it to Jay to confirm my math though.

Either way, can probably increase our size if needed with the restaurant.

Been too long since we got to share some wine!

It sounds like we have 7 people, with Alex would make 8. Rick W wants to come, and may be able to get another 1-2 people. How many do we want and do we want to cap it at a number?

I won’t shoot you, but the 2001 Pahlmeyer bottle weighs about 50 pounds and makes a great weapon.

Will be interesting to compare against the 2001 SHS. I drank those two side by side about 8 years ago and the SHS was better, but only by a tiny drop.

It really won’t be a problem. We heard $200 and if it turns out to be 3, Josh can pay the extra 100 [wink.gif]

True Josh. Looking forward to it. We always seem to drink well when we get together. [cheers.gif]

I’m looking forward to hearing about what you think. I suggest byo stems, I don’t recall them having great stemware when I was there. It was a couple of years ago.

Stems are fine at the NYC location…all Bordeaux/cab stems but that works just fine for the theme.

I count 8 including Alex. David Lazer has a couple people who are interested. I suggest we hold it at 10 and I will PM everyone to confirm that they will attend.

Rick Weissman and Joe Moderski are in and make 10. They are bringing a Foley Claret and either a PM Les Pavots or a Caymus SS and a white starter.

I regret I must bow out of this event the logistics of getting home to Ct are a bit too difficult and I can’t stay over in the city

It looks like chicken soup and tea for me. I have the flu and won’t be able to make it tomorrow, which sucks as I was looking forward to some red meat and cabs but what I have is rather nasty.

I’d be interested in coming if there is still space.

Only catch - I actually don’t have much in the way of 2001 Cali Cab. Is there somebody coming who has an extra bottle they’d be interested in bringing on my behalf? I’d plan to pay (reasonable price) for it of course. If this is objectionable, I can try to hustle and see if I can conjure something up last minute from retail…

Thanks and sorry for the non-standard ask!

-Dennis

Dennis, all I have is one 2001 posted above. Sorry I can’t help. Maybe the powers that be will green light a Champagne or ‘other’ alternative.

I am interested if there is still space. Will scrounge up something on theme.

Two drops and two new emerge (Dennis and David).

I can bring something extra…I didn’t own anything that fit the bill originally so picked up a Harlan Maiden, Verite La Joie and Verite Le Desir…happy to bring any and all…

If I can make it to the offsite before tomorrow, I will bring either 2001 Grace Family Blank or 2001 Paloma Merlot. If not, I will figure something out that works.

Dennis: I have plenty of 01 Cab. Do you want to PM me and I can bring what you are comfortable with?

Gee, do you think we might have too much wine? Nah. . .

Offsite didn’t happen, so I will be bringing two bottles - 2001 Clos Saron Black Pearl (which, for the record, is about 50% cab sauv) and 2001 Thelema Cape Winemakers Guild Cabernet Sauvignon.

I love the generosity of everyone bringing so many wines. Just for expectations, since we had a flat fee quoted based on an expectation of 10 people/10 bottles if we go over there is a decent chance they add on some more corkage per bottle over the 10. I am sure there will be no issues opening them and no guarantee they will add anything on, just wanted to make sure no surprises.

Looking forward to it! I will probably arrive a bit early if anyone is in the neighborhood.