Washington DC

Tim, seriously - thanks for working on this.

Happy to help; didn’t realize you’re ITB (or affiliated with Weygandt’s for that matter); thought you were just passing along a link! Didn’t realize you were the one who’d actually MADE the list! And for that, I thank you. Excellent list. [cheers.gif]

On corkage… at Dino
Free Monday thru Wednesday
Otherwise one bottle free for every bottle you buy from our list or $20
Free corkage for wine geek events: minimum 8 people, not on Friday or Saturday, if everyone orders our 3 course. Call me to set up in advance. Our regular glasses

Very enjoyable and worthwhile, on every visit.

Had a great time at Dino’s Sunday night. [welldone.gif]

I went to Cedar a couple of weeks ago and took two and a half bottles, they charged me $25 each. I have to say however, it was a fantastic evening and the food and service were outstanding.

Is anyone aware of good Thai or Chinese restaurants offering corkage?

Et Voila, a Belgian bistro on MacArthur Boulevard, accepts BYO with $20 corkage. C & I had dinner there Friday night with some folks I used to work with and had a very enjoyable time. We arranged for the table at the very back and were thus somewhat isolated from the noise and bustle of the rest of the restaurant. Excellent food and service.

In case anyone was wondering, Spike’s restaurants (Good Stuff Eatery and We The Pizza) will allow you to bring as much wine as you want for no charge, the catch being that you’ll want to supply your own stems (unless you don’t mind drinking out of a plastic cup). A group of us had a non-traditional offline there last Friday and it was perfect. Sat outside, ordered food from both places, and opened up at least a half dozen bottles of pizza and burger-friendly, but still geeky, wines.

Tim,

Cedar permits corkage and charges $25 per bottle.

I just celebrated 5 yrs with my partner at Bibiana. Corkage was $35. We took a crazy wine from the Villa of Mysteries in Pompeii. No idea where he got it, but it wasn’t from any local wine places here in DC.

(This is my first post! [cheers.gif] )

Welcome, J (what’s it stand for?)!!!

anyone have any info on Montgomery County restaurants now that they can allow corkage. freshvino.com - Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! - Informationen zum Thema freshvino.

Marylanders for Better Beer and Wine Laws (MBBWL) is tracking that on their website, Howard. If you google it, the spreadsheet should come up with a statewide chart.

Tim, has this list been updated? I’m DC bound.

The official list for MoCo is here:

http://www6.montgomerycountymd.gov/content/dlc/liquor/LRE/pdffiles/approvedwinecorkage.pdf

It would be nice if they updated it more often than once a month.

We try to keep it up to date but it never hurts to call and confirm with the restaurant.

I know Cork Wine Bar is now $25/ btl

Le Diplomate in Logan Circle is $25 per bottle, can’t be on the list, and limited to one bottle per two people. Dreadful policy.

We’re going to Cafe Milano and Cedar Restaurant.

Speak now, or forever hold your peace re: opinions.

You should enjoy Cedar. Chef McCloud is always willing to design a meal around your wine if you ask. We tend to bring several wines and just ask him to set up a 5 course tasting menu.

The last time I went, my son, nephew, and I had a 7 course tasting menu (my wife just went with a three course meal) and with the exception of the foie gras and the cheese course, each of us had something different for each of the other five courses.