Washington DC

Coppi’s on U St. - no limit; $20 per bottle. Agora on 17th opened two bottles for us for free, but we sent some to the back, too, so that’s probably why.

Also, Charlie Palmer’s (near Union Station) has free corkage on Mondays for any wine; free corkage any day for any two American wines.

Urbana on Monday nights–no corkage and private room–not sure if you need to be Tooch to take advantage of this.
Ardeo early in the week–no corkage and very accomodating (to Weygandt Wines at least)–I think their normal policy is $25/btl
Dino M-W (I think)–no corkage, some privacy if a big enough group
Le Chat Noir–Sundays no corkage
Firefly Mondays (I think)–no corkage

1 Like

Hey Tim,

This is all good info. I guess I should clarify, though, that I’m less interested in places that offer no corkage – more interested in places that might charge a fee per bottle, but not throw a fit if we only order some cheese and meat plates as opposed to entrees and a bunch of sides. Essentially, who’s willing to allow you to host a casual wine tasting in their restaurant when your living room isn’t available?

Cheers,
Scott

I personally don’t know any restaurants that would be especially happy to do this. Doesn’t mean they won’t, I just don’t know of any…

Does anyone know if there are any Thai restaurants in DC that offer $0 corkage? Just checked with Regent and it’s $20-$25/bottle there.

only thought would be Ba Bay. new place on Cap Hill - nothing about corkage on the website.

http://www.babaydc.com

We’ve got a Riesling dinner in the works for my friend’s Korean restaurant–Mandu in Dupont. What were you trying to get together?

riesling and thai - how does it pair with korean?

Just as well. We went to Korea a couple of years ago with the family that owns/runs the place so we can do quite well there. There’s a private room upstairs that can fit up to 25 pp. Corkage will be waived. My guess is that we’ll agree on a price per person and do the whole thing family style. I think we can probably do $50/person, tax and tip included, but I’ll have to check. I’ll send something out via the “other” forum.

[welldone.gif]

We stopped in on a whim a few weeks ago and were favorably impressed. Good food, super-nice people.

I agree! But I guess I’m a little biased. Most people I’ve talked to also seem to agree. It is funny though, of the criticisms they get, it’s often they aren’t “authentic” enough. When we were in Seoul, the food that we were served in people’s houses (or condos mostly), was pretty much what you’ll find at Mandu. Not out at the restaurants, but traditional homestyle Korean food from the home. I think that qualifies it as pretty authentic. But again, I may not be the most objective guy to speak about this…

What’s this “other” forum stuff?! [berserker.gif]

List has been updated. If you know of anymore, let me know!

http://www.weygandtwines.com/dc-restaurant-corkage-list.htm

i think charlie palmers is now free corkage on any bottle…regardless of origin.

Just called them:

First 2 Domestics no corkage, $25/btl thereafter
First Import no corkage, $25/btl thereafter

Weygandt’s list is apparently out of date… the Poste “get uncorked” special has already expired (so I guess that list is about a year old).

Hey, I’m trying to keep it as up to date as possible. I’ll make the change. Sheesh!

IAG, Tim! Just didn’t want people walking into Poste hoping to get uncorked and getting all bottled up instead.

No worries, I probably need some sort of emoticon to represent my light-hearted disposition ( [basic-smile.gif] ). The Poste policy has been updated. I’ll happily make any changes that are needed and if there is info that is not correct, please let me know. This is a list that I have been working on for over a year but unfortunately cannot keep track of everything. I rely on folks like yourselves to let me know if policies have changed or new restaurants should be added. Thanks for the heads-up–seriously, I wouldn’t have noticed it otherwise.