Vacation plans?

Europe for two weeks in July (one with my better, half, one with the kids and in-laws)

Arrive Milan to Piemonte (currently planning hotels and winery visits) for ~3 days
Next 6 days - driving from there to Madrid, where we will meet in-laws bringing kids over, for another week in Spain with “the family”. No formal plans between Piemonte and Madrid, although open to suggestions.

Any help on the Piemonte side, or between there and Madrid, is much appreciated.

We usually go to Italy once a year to visit my cousins in Abruzzo but we need to wait yet another year because they are still displaced by the earthquake a few years ago. Very sad.

Otherwise, we’re visiting my little brother in Maui in December; a few trips to NJ shore; and the same off-line in Colorado with Joe D in late July. And we’ll probably catch a MLB game or two over a long weekend somewhere this summer, maybe Chicago again.

June: 30th anniversary trip part I: Lisbon, Venice, Ljubjana, Madrid, Beaune, Paris

September: Annual chill vacation: Kauii

October: meeting a buddy in Cique Terre (Italy)

We are going to Paris.

Tom,

If you can…try to play the “new” course, too. Much better than Jubilee in my opinion. Kingsbarns is great.

Steer clear of the Devils Nostril about 340 off the tee…

with my second or third shot!!

I honeymooned in Bali in 2004. Stayed at the Ritz Carlton there and it was a wonderful trip. I’m sure you’ve rcv’d plenty of recs, but feel free to email if you have any questions or would like any suggestions. Oops, just read further down and see that you’ve been to bali before too. Ubud is a cool place, really liked the time we spent there.

Memorial day weekend going to Tucson to visit friends (a fellow BBer) and then just the wife and I to Paris and Burgundy this summer for two weeks. Late summer my daughter and I are going to head back to Wisconsin, where I grew up.

Jason

Since summer is prime growing season here in wine country, we take our vacation as soon as school gets out and before any critical decisions need to be made in the vineyard. And since we live in the country, we enjoy going to the city, walking to our destinations or taking cabs, which we do not have available to us here in northern Napa Valley. So NYC here we come, and then Boston. And then, of course, we will rent a car and hit the north shore of Boston for some lobster in the rough and beach walking.

We decided against Europe this summer–too expensive and we’re saving for the Olympics the following year. So we’re going to Portland and Ashland, for the Shakespeare festival. Should be fun and low-key.

Where will you be in L.A.? There is much to love here (especially food and the outdoors), but you really have to know where to look.

Bump.

Besides Scotland this summer (boys trip) the family has decided on Kauai. I have not been there in many years and I hope my kids are up for a boat trip along the coast.

In May, for Jen’s 40th, we’re going to San Sebastian and Champagne.

After raising the possibility of traveling to Spain this fall, I was informed (gently, I must say) that that wasn’t happening. We were in Paris in May, and will be in the Outer Banks for 2 weeks in July/August. To quote my wife, “another vacation? Who the F do you think you are; Ed Chin?”

Disneyworld for 1 week
Yellowstone for 1 week
Riviera Maya for 1 week

Plus a few other extended weekends here and there.

Neal [rofl.gif] that caught me off guard.

champagne.gif [cheers.gif] [welldone.gif]

We’re going to Croatia, and will drive the Dalmatian Coast. We’ve always wanted to do this trip.

We’re Flyng4Free upfront. Since there aren’t many chain hotels along the way, I’m going to have to breakdown and actually buy several nights worth of hotels or BnB’s. [swoon.gif]
If I don’t by my Schrader allocation this year, I’ll be able to afford it.

Just spent 18 days in Rio de Janeiro, hope to do two weeks just after the World Cup…

Off to Italy (Rome, Naples, Sicily) for three weeks this spring.

And miss the chaos [stirthepothal.gif]

Miss the double or triple pricing!

Spring training in AZ in March
Kauai in April
Lake Tahoe in Aug