Vacation plans?

Scotland golf trip in August with my buddies. Old course for first time so pretty excited about that + 8 others. Bucket list thing for sure for a golfer. Was hoping to get back to mainland Europe this year as well but with economy and exchange rate i am going to wait it out.

OK, this year:

I did Playa del Carmen/Cozumel with my oldest son for a week in January.

Just spent a week with my daughter riding horses in the redwoods in Northern California in Anderson Valley (also drank a little wine).

Have a destination wedding to attend in Puerto Rico in July, so will spend 5 days and get in some diving with the kids.

I have to go to London and Amsterdam on separate trips for work in June, so will probably spend a couple extra days and find something to do while there.

A week with the family riding horses in Colorado in August, probably.

I’ll need another diving trip in the November/December time frame. Maybe some island in the Caribbean.

2 weeks in SW Austria and NE Italy this summer. A few days in Venice. Then Klagenfurt where the spouse will do the Ironman Triathlon (swim, bike, run). After that, it’s Trentino/Alto-Adige for another triathlon (swirl, sniff, sip). Should be grueling.

We’re getting married at the Marbella Country Club in San Juan Capistrano.

Yes, I was in Bali about 5 years ago. I had a wonderful time. We’ll be staying at a private estate in Ubud. We’re not really beach people, so we’ll spend very little time at the coast.

Why would you ever dive on antihistamines?

George

Paris in April. Jersey Shore in August. Bandon Dunes in September. Florida in November.

Show of hands…how many times have you seen this combo together? [rofl.gif]

Where are you going in the Dominican Rebublic? We had a great time in the Samana Peninsula.

Memorial Day => Wash DC
August => Paris => Liore Valley => Northern Spain (Asturias)

David,

I know, remember I asked if you had been to a particular hotel? I’ll probably stick around Santo Domingo (which is where all my family is) and maybe get a daytrip to Casa de Campo in. Harder to move around freely with 2 young kids.

We stayed at “Balcones del Atlantico”, a Rockresort, highly recommended! I understand the restricted travel thing with young ones … mine are almost 10 & 12 now and can wheel their own suitcases now … but I remember the family sherpa days well.

London for memorial day week. Corolla NC in July/August

Travel is what my wife and I have chosen to spend our money on, so there’s always some trip coming up (not including numerous trips for work). This year:

February - St. Thomas
late March/early April - Paris/Loire
later this week - Las Vegas
Memorial Day - Lake Tahoe
late June/July 4 - Fjords cruise
September - Scottsdale
October - New York (Spectator Wine Experience)
November - Kauai
Christmas - to be determined

Life does not suck. [cheers.gif]

Road trip with my 23 year-old daughter this summer, no definite route yet but will likely do a big loop from Cheyenne WY to Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, and back to Cheyenne. She wants to see Glacier so we will drive though it. Hope to hit two-lanes for a major portion of the trip. And good beer pubs. Food isn’t as critical as nice, fun, places to sit and have a beer, hopefully with some scenery. The only other “must” point we need to hit is the Snake River at Twin Falls, as she needs to see that in her lifetime.

If anyone has suggested routes/two-lanes they highly recommend, I would love the suggestions. We will be doing the Beartooth Highway in Montana/Wyoming the first day of our trip.

I love road trips, and in my opinion it’s really the only way to see this country. These past few years I’ve also quit making hotel reservations so that there is very little restriction on routes and directions, and I can’t believe how much more relaxing it is to just hit the road without having “deadlines” to meet. [cheers.gif]

Want to adopt? I don’t cry much.

2 weeks in Cathcart South Africa behind a Leupold…gotta be from Texas to apreciate dat.

Too many weeks in Los Angeles. I just can’t get into LA. Don’t understand it

Maybe a week in either Munchen, Paris or Rome. Can’t decide.

Tom

If I might…get a good caddy at the Old Course. The lines off the tee are hard to see.

Are you playing Muirfield. I missed that course. My flight was delayed and I missed my game there, regrettably. That and Dornoch are the two courses that I must play before hitting the dirt.

Or buy the guide to Old Course. It’s a lot cheaper, it fits in your pocket, and you can bring it home.

Oh, and watch out for the Short Hole bunker. pileon

We get caddies at all the courses for first rounds, carry our own if we go around again (often).
Here is a list of courses this year, unfortunately no Muirfield or Troon:

Turnberry
Prestwick
Western Gailes
Loch Lomand
Castle course St Andrews
Jubilee course St Andrews
Old course Sy Andrews
Carnoustie
Kingsbarns

Were waitlisted at Troon

Never forget the first time I golfed in Ireland a few years back, my caddie for the day was a 12 year old kid that was about as tall as my golf bag. He literally dragged my bag around the course. He turned out being the best caddie I had all week. Gave me great advice. Have to admit he was a little hard to understand with his accent though.