Union Square Cafe

People forget what the city was like back then. It is so very different now.

Union Sq was one of my first “nice” restaurants.

Yes, I remember walking across what was probably Grand at night from 6th Avenue or Varick toward Broadway in that era. It was a total ghost town at night – and scary. Not a soul on the street and just industrial lofts.

Lots of reminiscing about lower Manhattan here. Well, the original Palladium, along 14th, was still alive as concert hall then nightclub back then. Caught a concert and dated at the club then.

I too was there, dancing with my girlfriend to the Pet Shop Boys, on the same floor which hosted Club MTV.

Yep. West End Girls started throbbing in my head as soon as I recalled Palladium.

Nice photo Victor.

Loved Rockpile and GP & The Rumour at The Palladium back in late 70s/early 80s.

We are arranging a December 31 8:00PM BYOW wine dinner there, and two seats still remain.
If anybody wishes to join, please kindly PM me. Thank you.

Every time I go to a restaurant in the East Village I think “I used to be afraid to walk in this neighborhood and now I can’t afford to live here.”

#humblebragyoupimp

Dinner with good friends, amid 1998 Clos de Tart, 2005 Lokoya, 1994 Liparita Merlot, 1990 La Grave a Pomerol.
x.JPG
https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a6cc36b3127cceedb71646f56500000030O00AYs3Dhw2ZuWQPbz4a/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00209368883120161217133954699.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

You’re a regular now!

easily the greatest example of worlds colliding.

my friend sent me this pic a few days ago when he was at USC and asked whether it was normal to byo to the bar. i said, well, not really, but i do know one guy that’s pretty infamous for it.

I twice offered him and his female and male companions a glass of the wine.
He nicely declined but seemed to enjoy the offer.

that’s pretty awesome victor - what an insanely small world.

Doggie bag, for lunch today.

Lunch today, AKA the second doggie bag.