TN: 2012 Louis Roederer Champagne Cristal Brut (France, Champagne)

• 2012 Louis Roederer Champagne Cristal Brut - France, Champagne (3/29/2024)
    Still relatively tight, but rich and deep. A nose of chalk, citrus, bread and biscuit. Great flavour intensity and drive. Creamy and fine, finishes with beautiful acidity and is super long. Will unfurl into something very special with time.

Posted from CellarTracker

6 Likes

Thanks Jeremy. What do you think is the aging curve or next plateau in terms of years? Have been eyeing these but don’t quite know how tight to expect it.

Nice. Haven’t had it in a few months. Sounds like we have winner queued up for Easter brunch!

1 Like

Not tight at all. They’ve all been wonderful, but you need to open and recork a few hours beforehand.

Hi Faryan, an '08 last month was really open for business after being tighter than this '12 in its first couple of years of release. I reckon the '12 needs 2 to 3 years, then she’s on. Beautiful now though!

kind regards
Jeremy

2 Likes

I’ve generally found 12 Cristal and Cristal rose to be fairly tight at the moment, but think they’ll age quite a while - it’s a really sound base. @Jon_Lawrence likely has had it more recently than I have.

1 Like

Good news, we had the 08s and 13s (rose and brut) about a year ago and they were both very tight.

It has been a while since I had the '12, but I did have the '14 last night and that is drinking quite well, just like the '14 LGA. I will open the '12 tonight. '12/'13 rose are on the menu for Tuesday dinner.

7 Likes

I was really looking forward to checking in on the ‘12, but unfortunately it was corked. We still had half-full bottle of ‘14 leftover from the previous night so we just drank that.