TN: 2007 Fidelitas Cabernet Sauvignon Champoux Vineyard

• 2007 Fidelitas Cabernet Sauvignon Champoux Vineyard - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Horse Heaven Hills (6/21/2016)
    Inky dark ruby with cherry, plum and blackberry nose also a little airplane glue. Bold fruit and body with a good balance and drinking very smoothly now. On the cusp of being jammy, but there is enough acid and chewy tannins to balance the fruit. Some stone fruit bitters on the initial opening.
    On night two the acid has come to the fore and supports the fruit and gives a lightness belying the boldness of the fruit. Some nutty, leather, mushroom and roast beef. Not quite perfect, but getting there. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the notes!

I used to hear a lot (locally) about Fidelitas a while back, but nothing lately.

Nice note, dsGriswold. I’ve long been a fan of Fidelitas, and have found that many of the wines can age pretty well. Drew, I’d agree, not as much talk about them lately. For me, my lagging interest is the increase in prices over the years. I love how many single-vineyard blends they’re doing, in a more forward style, but many are pushing that $55 - $75 price point, and I have to be pretty picky there. Perhaps that has something to do with the decreased attention? BTW, where is “locally” for you?

Their tasting room up on Red Mountain is spectacular, though. If you’re even in the area, make sure to stop in!

During my WA exploration stage, I purchased quite a few singles to assess the area. Now that I am starting to consume them, they are out of my comfort zone and I am reordering more reasonably priced wines in both OR and WA, pinot and SGM respectively with a liking for Morevedre and Cab Franc from east of the mountains. I sent this bottle upstairs for my daughter to enjoy, then opened a '08 Nebbiola for a third the price which was just as enjoyable for my palate of a yak…

Wow. Passed off a 94-pointer to someone else so you could open something different? I hope it was 94+ for your palate.

Nice note Gris. It has been too long since I have enjoyed a cab from them. Need to revisit some of these.