This has to be legit, right?

I got the classic “We need multiple cases of Dom, Cristal and Ace of Spades” in RUSSIAN the other day. Had a customer translate it.

Ask him to be more precise about which god he means.

I have been Punk’d? Ashton Kutcher, call your office.

New twist on the old scam:

Subject: Cambodia Wine Inquiry
Rodrigo Morgan <> morgan22@isp.com> > (Add as Preferred Sender)
Date: Mon, Oct 03, 2011 4:24 am
To: undisclosed-recipients:;

Sales,

My name is Rodrigo .I was refer to your company by a friend that has tasted your wine earlier this Year while he recommended your wine as the finest wine he as ever tasted.I will like to purchase some cases of your wine for our company annual conference meeting that will be commend in Cambodia in the coming month,it’s will be part of our refreshment during the meeting.I will truly appreciate your immediate reply to our request and also do you accept a registered U.S credit card for a payment .

We are registered with a shipping agency in USA, which has a representatives in U.S that will be handling picking of the wine from your location to our final destination in Cambodia,therefore you are not permitted to ship the wine from your location,we’ll prefer our licensed freight company to handle the consignment from you location,they have appropriate exportation documents and permits papers to handle the shipment on our behalf .We’ll refer you to the freight company on the shipment of this wine order .They’ve handled a lot of our consignment in the past without any delay .

Warm and Best Regards
Rodrigo Morgan

I haven’t had my store for three years and I got the following email today:

Hello,

We would like to place an order for the wines listed below

*Louis Roederer Cristal(Any Vintage)

*Armand De Brignac (Ace Of Spades) Gold or Pink Label

Please advice if you carry any of the wines or can special order them including the types of credit cards you accept.

Thanks

Darin Martinez
Purchasing Manager
BlackMotor Corp.

[head-bang.gif] [snort.gif]

Now that our website has a blog I have learned that spam comes in to the comment sections on blogs. The spam does not get posted publicly on the blog unless the blogger approves it. The following comments are copied verbatim. In other words, the typos are not mine.

“So much info in so few words. Toltsoy could learn a lot.”

“Thank God! Somonee with brains speaks!”

“That’s rlealy shrewd! Good to see the logic set out so well.”

“I feel so much hpapier now I understand all this. Thanks!”

“Superb! it’s the word that comes to my mind after i review your weblog and when I just read that which you need to say. Your thinking are extremely much as well my own. We pleased which i chose to enter your site and find out what you are interested in.”