This has to be legit, right?

How awesome would it be to be able to set it up where they THINK the credit card went through, and they pick up a box of rigged bottles that are stink bomb booby traps. [rofl.gif]

With auto camera feed to Youtube?? [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif]

Sheesh! I just got one of these on my personal email account. I haven’t been in the biz at that level for 3 years and , when I was, I’d get these at my store email address. Can someone say “hacking the board member profiles”???

Hello Sales,
My name is Darin Martinez and i would like to know if you carry any of these champagnes or could help source for them from your vendors or suppliers.
*Louis Roederer Cristal(Any Vintage)
*Armand De Brignac (Ace Of Spades) Gold or Pink Label It’s needed for my daughters wedding and i would appreciate it if you could get back to me with cost/pricing per bottle on any of the above listed champagnes and its availability in-stock. Kindly include in your response email the types of credit cards you accept.
Thanks
Darin Martinez
BlackMotor Corp.
2250 E TROPICANA AVE STE 19679
LAS VEGAS, Nevada 89119-6541
323-472-6509

[snort.gif]

A bit of a thread drift, but, if you have not watched To Catch an ID Thief I recommend it. After reading the sleuthing on Central Coast Wine Blog it reminded me of this series.

The show with a banks help sets up fake credit cards and posts the numbers for sale online. The steps and processess that happen to rip off and betray people is pretty broad and quite sad.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=to+catch+an+id+thief&view=detail&mid=A5A2DC151B2CDB6D3E88A5A2DC151B2CDB6D3E88&first=0&FORM=LKVR1

It is a 5 part series and all the parts are at the top of the page.

Got two more of the same email this morning!!!

[swearing.gif]

I just found this in my spam filter from 7/19/11:

Hello Sales,

Am Jesse James, I will like to know the cost for each Champagne including the shipping cost via
DHL,FED EX or UPS and I also want to know the type of credit card you accept
for payment.

I want to know if you have the below champagne in stock or you can make
an order for me so I can add commission when I want to make my payment.

2002 Louis Roederer Cristal Brut Champagne
2002 Dom Perignon, 750 ml
Ace of Spades Brut Champagne

I await your quick response so I can tell my needed quantities.

Thank you

Too bad all they want is the shipping money =(

I’ve responded to some of the bogus emails that I’ve received lately to see what they would come up with for payment and the ones that emailed me back have given us a total of 12 different Cc numbers & billing addresses, they ask that the amounts be divided up until the total is achieved (not quite that literate) . I’ve turned them over to law enforcement and we’ve attempted to contact the issuing banks. The fraud/security depts at the banks are such a pain to deal with.

Seriously? Somebody used “Jesse James”?

Anybody who falls for that one gets extra stupid points.

Oooooh, a “commission.” How special…

Bruce

Eric, if you really need some Ace of Spades, call me!!! We get these too, and don’t sell to the public.

Sucker born every minute.

Oooh I made a sale! Oh, right, wait, I don’t do retail… Dumbass. pepsi

Message Detail

Subject:
Champagne Order
Sales Rep <ceosales2@gmail.com> (Add as Preferred Sender)
Date: Wed, Aug 24, 2011 11:05 am
To: Info@VinotasImports.com
Hello Sales, We are interested in placing an order Cristal Brut Champagne Item: 2002 Louis Roederer Cristal Brut Champagne 2002 Dom Perignon, 750 ml Kindly advise back with the price and current stock availability for this items or you can special order. What type of credit card you accept … Visa … Master … Amex Regards. Jim

I got the same one, plus another along the same lines. I must have a pretty boring life if this is what I do for fun. I crack myself up sometimes. Here are the e-mails and my responses:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Champagne Order
Date: Wed, August 24, 2011 2:00 pm
To: justin@capitalbeerwine.com

Hello Sales, We are interested in placing an order Cristal Brut Champagne Item: 2002 Louis Roederer Cristal Brut Champagne 2002 Dom Perignon, 750 ml Kindly advise back with the price and current stock availability for this items or you can special order. What type of credit card you accept … Visa … Master … Amex Regards. Jim

[MY RESPONSE]
Hi Jim,

We have sales of Dom in bottle of 375cl size. Extra small foe small tings. Also cristal in containers of 35L for much big. I like very much big. Do not forget to have Brut Dom, mixed with Cristal with vanilla ice cream and Bombay gin. It makes for cocktail that’s good calorie. My doctor says no but I say OK.

Subject: Champagnes Inquiry
Date: Thu, August 25, 2011 11:49 am
To:

Hello Sales,

I would like to order some bottles of Champagnes, Please find
below the vintage needed on the champagne:
Item:

2002 Louis Roederer Cristal Brut Champagne

2002 Dom Perignon, 750 ml

Kindly advise back with the price and current stock availability for this
items or you can special order.?

What type of credit card you accept … Visa … Master … Amex

Regards.
JIM
[MY RESPONSE]

I have Cristal demi sec extru brut nature. Plus Dom Cremant de Bourgogne. They come in six packs of 50000ml bottles and 1/2 kegs. Like Heniken only better! Whoopee. I accept payment in South African rand only. Lots of rands for these babies. They are quite tasty!

Thank you,

Simon

Awesome…

OK, here is another one. I should stop doing this but it was 11:00PM on a Friday night and there was nothing going on at the shop and I was too tired to do anything productive. So I am rationalizing . . .

Subject: Opus, Jensen, Schrader…and more
Date: Fri, September 02, 2011 2:34 pm
To: <justin@capitalbeerwine.com>

Wine Manager:
Every six months or so I start randomly emailing retailers from Wine Spectator.com hoping to find new sources for vino. Currently Im on the hunt for the 08 Opus and Calera Jensen that’s about to land, 09 Schrader, and 08 Bordeaux’s. Nothing riveting on the list….same thing everyone else wants and cant have.
Let me know if Im on the right track here. If I already harass you for wine, consider this today’s harassing email.
Thanks.
Craig Stevenson

[MY REPLY]

Hi Craig,

Thank you for the note. No worries, it is not Harassing. I understand business as I have been at this for a long time.

At any rate. We do indeed stock the '08 Opus - we have sparkling versions. Lots of bubbles Parker loved it 93-95pts. Plenty of Schrader too, the Cabernet/Viognier/Vermintino blend - incredibly smooth - no tannins whatsoever. Comes in boxed gift packs. Plenty of '08 Bordeaux’s on the shelves and more in the pipeline. We are particularly proud of the Nebiolo style Bordeaux that we picked up from a negociant based in Plattsburg, NY USA.

With respect to payment. As always, we accept South African Rand only. Must come by FedEx next day.

Cheers!

Alonzo

Justin, I hate to break this to you, but Craig Stevenson is a big collector in Southern California, well-known for making large, perhaps somewhat impulsive purchases. He’s the president of Quicksliver, Inc, a clothing company:

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=41108453&ticker=ZQK:US

I was going to say the email almost sounded legit to me. Only a few minor typos. However, I am the typo queen.

Also, if this is indeed legit, you might want to pull his email address down from the board.

I did a whois lookup of who owns the domain used in the e-mail http://www.loftblu.com and it came back as follows:

Registrant:
Domain Discreet
ATTN: loftblu.com
Rua Dr. Brito Camara, n 20, 1
Funchal, Madeira 9000-039

The loftblu.com website is a generic ad site.

I could not get the Business Week link to work but I believe I found him in Forbes - he is president of Quicksilver, right? Anyway, it’s awkward if it’s legit. Sorry Craig! Anyway, as a Maryland retailer I can’t legally ship.

I was just pulling your chain, Justin. I figured “Craig Stevenson” is such a generic name, I could find someone important with that name.

[snort.gif]

Craig is both legit and a good guy.

Snicker, this is another good one: