Tartufo bianco - SF area - Nov 21st

See Rich’s 3rd post : Tartufo bianco - SF area - Nov 21st - Event Planner - Online or Offline - WineBerserkers

Gene,
We are going to ponder over a menu during the weekend to give people some idea. Veal tartare will be back by popular demand; will probably do a risotto and then there will be at least one other dish, cheeses, dessert, coffeee and grappa.

Last year we did an all Barolo lineup (from memory we had at least 12 difference bottles) and I think some people were a bit overwhelmed. A couple of people also brought some bubbles to start.

I will defer to what the majority wants to do, but I think it should be just bring a nice bottle as I am sure it will go just fine with the food. My 2cents

Agree with the non-strict barolo theme. There are 10 of us, I would not mind having 5 barolos and 5 non-barolo wines. Maybe 3 whites and 2 reds for the non-barolo bottles? Would love to hear what others plan to bring so that we can get a good mix. Also agree that the wines need to be more on the special side (barolo and non barolo). Nothing crazy (unless you really want to, not gonna stop you if you want to bring a Monfortino) but somewhere in the range of $75 - $150 a bottle ??? Suggestions are most welcome.

Ah, thanks. Missed that one.

I’ll bring bubbles. I’m thinking a Selosse Initial would be pretty tasty… champagne.gif

Did someone tell Gene that a first year attendee is on the hook for a Giacosa Red Label? Or DRC?

Sounds like I’ll be drinking Selosse elsewhere that night… neener

Andrew, I am interested if there is any space.

Aiyaa!
Too much procrastination…

I now have plans to have dinner at Michael Mina that night with 3 women…

Oh well…
Andrew, unfortunately will have to bow out.

Did I just make it past the bouncer?

As noted, I can make the 21st. I’ll bring a Barolo, you all can decide if it’s special :wink:.

Looking forward to it. Are we focusing on Italian wines? I have a 97 Valdicava Brunello di Montalcino that I’ve been saving for a special occasion, and this sounds like it if people would be interested.

What Dan forgot to mention is all said women are all 75+ neener

Collective age. [training.gif]

Pics or it didn’t happen.

Ladies of that age are all about group shots and selfies. Impress us, doc!

Haha, sure.

They like it when Dan puts on his Spider-Man suit and hangs from the ceiling.

Is there a dinner you guys are suppose to be talking about??

I will bring a Barolo, TBD…

Yes, you said you’re having dinner @ Michael Mina with 3 ladies whose collective ages add up to 75, or thereabouts. Is there some other dinner you’re referring to?

newhere