Tartufo bianco - SF area - Nov 21st

Buon giorno from our little local trattoria where we are sitting down to one of our final lunches after a glorious 3 weeks around Liguria and Piemonte.
image.jpg
We were in Alba and Monferrato a few days ago. Word is that it is early days and they really needed a cold snap which arrived last night with snow down to 1,000 meters. I have an email into Joe (supplier) to see about pricing. Locally we were able to get 3250 euros/kilo but again it is early on as the truffle market in Alba only started two weeks ago.

Should know more when I fly back on Monday.

Has the date or the final attendance list been determined?

Nada.
We’ve been all tossing and turning at night losing sleep not knowing…

Waitlist me, please.

Okay boys and girls…finally heard back from Joe. He was in Bermuda for two weeks on vacation with no phone so only just came back to me today and all apologies for not having been around.

So where to begin…
Chiara and I are pretty slammed these days, so we really can’t swing a Friday given we need a few hours for food and table prep and I am now out of pocket on Nov. 7th. This takes it down to either Nov 14th or 21st, whichever works best for the majority…otherwise we would have to wait until after Thanksgiving which would be Dec 4th.

Joe said that pricing has been so far higher this season (confirmed on our recent trip) . It started off quick and then slowed down but with the colder temps in Europe now it should pick up. Current pricing is around $160 per ounce.

So veal tartare would be back by popular demand, we brought back a few kilos of risotto rice from the fields that we can see from the bedroom of our house and surely will work on another idea for a third course. LMK

Welcome back! 14th or 21st work for me.

This was at Bovio…
image.jpeg

Nov dates work for me.

Any of those dates are OK for us.

If I’m still on the list, then only the 21st works for me.

The 21st might work for me

BTW, let me also check in with Chiara when she gets back from Germany this weekend to see what her calendar looks like in order to finalize whether 14th or 21st.

Ooh.
Yah.
Good one.

The 21st would be strongly preferred for me. I may have a family obligation on the 14th.

Either day is okay for me.

I prefer 21st over 14th. But both dates are fine.

Andrew, any updates on the date? I have a possible wine dinner on the 20th so it would be great if we can pin down the date for your dinner soon so that people can plan accordingly. It’s only 11 days till the 14th and 18 days till the 21st. Those dates will be on us before we know it. Also would it be possible to finalize the list of attendess and wait listers in the opening post?

14th over 21st but ok with either

See opening post. Date is 21st; 7pm our place in San Carlos

Thanks, Andrew! Couple of questions:

1. Is Rich (aka RFrankel) now available for the 21st? His second post in this thread said he could only do the 13th or 14th. And I have nothing against Rich…have offlined with him a couple of times and is a very nice chap.

2. What should we bring? Hopefully all the attendees are agreeable that we should break out the better stuff for such an occasion… [cheers.gif]